• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Warren Barguil Discussion Thread

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Warren Barguil

Good that he's ok.I was very disappointed with that crash.I like this guy more than the 2 starlets Pinot and Bardet.He can do well this Tour as i expect that some of those star GC guys to crack hard at some point.Hopefully it will not be the case for Barguil and will get a high GC place.

I'm not sure I prefer him to Bardet (who's just great to watch with his willingness to try things on all terrain) but he's definitely a great rider.

Would love to see him finishing top 10 here, who knows, if his legs are good and he's made a step up he could even get amongst some of the guys pushing for top 5. Agree with Cance > TheRest that he probably needs to ride a bit of a smarter race if he's targeting as high a finish as he can manage.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Barguil is as legit as it gets, 2 stage wins in his first GT and 8th overall in his 2nd GT when he targeted the gc for the first time.
Not riding for a french team really helps him.

Yep, certainly. But he seems to be a pretty intelligent kid as well, for smoothly developing at the Vuelta in first instance. Although there was some disappointment last year about his non-selection for the Tour. h
He went over it and used it tactically as an advantage.

Re: Warren Barguil

If it wasn't that crash,he would have done better today.He still should be able to move further in the GC,freaking T.Gallopin can't climb like this forever and G. is on a domestique mission.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Astonishing ride by Barguil. When I saw him climb back on after being in evident serious pain, and being over 3 minutes behind the peleton, I expected him to give up. His performance today was awesome. Chapeau!

Re:

King Boonen said:
He's still up there in 10th, fingers crossed he can avoid TJ in the Alps and improve on that position.

I'm curious to find out. My understanding was that he was slightly on the back foot in the Pyrenees because of his crash. So it's possible he'll improve in the Alps now that he's had some time to recover. Of course, it's also possible that, being young, the third week will really start to tax him. We'll see.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts