• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Warren Barguil Discussion Thread

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
vuelta_2013_13a.jpg

vuelta_2013_16a.jpg

DEtxsUwXYAAHRTz.jpg

I know its tempting for a rider of the class of Barguil to go for the GC and probably his teams and media also pressure him to do so, but he seems to struggle with that. So why not go for the Polka Dots from the beginning and try to win some stages on the way to it. I would like this direction for him.

Re:

ppanther92 said:
I know its tempting for a rider of the class of Barguil to go for the GC and probably his teams and media also pressure him to do so, but he seems to struggle with that. So why not go for the Polka Dots from the beginning and try to win some stages on the way to it. I would like this direction for him.

This year he got a free role as he was coming back from a severe injury and the result is ofcourse fantastic.

I hope he gets to choose if he wants to ride for GC or ride in a free role. He said he is having a lot of fun this TdF racing this aggresively and so are we I guess. Seeing him in the attack instead of following GC wheels is a much more interesting Barguil. Certainly because he's doing it realllly well.

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

Kwibus said:
ppanther92 said:

This year he got a free role as he was coming back from a severe injury and the result is ofcourse fantastic.

I hope he gets to choose if he wants to ride for GC or ride in a free role. He said he is having a lot of fun this TdF racing this aggresively and so are we I guess. Seeing him in the attack instead of following GC wheels is a much more interesting Barguil. Certainly because he's doing it realllly well.
The problem is dumoulin will ride the tour next year

He has also had little help from his team in making breakaways. I didn't see yesterday but on previous days he has used a lot of excess energy trying to get into moves. I do not think his ambitions of being a GC contender in future GTs will be dead yet.

Re: Re:

RedheadDane said:
Alexandre B. said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
I'd forgotten how much fun Barguil can be when he's in attack mode rather than cling onto the GC group mode.
He will achieve his best GC ever in Le Tour without fighting for it :p

Maybe that's the key? Just have fun and not stress too much about it. :D
It has helped his GC non-ambitions that 5 or 6 guys who did plan to fight for/be up there on GC have crashed out.

With an 80 point lead, and assuming one guy doesn't get away without him close by on the road to Serre-Chevalier, will Wa-wa have the dots wrapped up by close of business Wednesday?

TRENDING THREADS