• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

wave goodbye to LA on sunday

Indeed his "low profile" future, goes against his natural inclinations toward a high profile public existence. How does he plan to manage his cancer foundation? Wasn't his mission supposed to save the sick?

He also mentioned Sarkozy having it on him for being able to become president. A different song than he's sang in the past, when he let folks know a political career was not to be excluded in the future.

Thanks, Lance, you have just given us a tacit confession!

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Lance The Great said:
*** edited by mod ***

I agree, Weisel, Ochowitz, Stapleton, JB, Landis, Tyler, HC, and all the USPS team should wave hello to us from the podium because after Sunday we are gonna see too much and know more than we can possibly want to know.

LA had a chance for a private Charity funding lifestyle but his ego and arrogance got the better of him and his fear that the TdF would remember him as the leader of the age of EPO....how right he is!

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
wave goodbye to LA on sunday as it appears he has given a big hint that he is going to do a Howard Hughes;

"I’m a week away from a very private life."*

he seems to be planning to disappear from view, so soak it up fanboys, he'll be living behind curtains, high security gates(preferably prison ones) and blacked out hummer windows from now on.

*http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/armstrong-i-wish-i-was-younger-faster

Maybe more like blacked windows on white prison vans and getting to model the latest designer chic in orange jumpsuits

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
LA had a chance for a private Charity funding lifestyle but his ego and arrogance got the better of him and his fear that the TdF would remember him as the leader of the age of EPO....how right he is![/QUOTE]

Right, Lance is the leader of the age of EPO. Probably nobody has been more involved with EPO. Not Riis, not Ulrich, not Pantani, not VDB, not Miller, not Frigo, not Museeuw - it was Lance! Lance ran the whole EPO machine!l

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
nia O'Malley said:
Best of luck, and watch that door flying towards your ars*.

Afraid he's like herpes and Maradona though, we'll never be rid of him.

I have to agree . . . there is no way LA keeps a low profile for very long; his ego will never allow it.

Right, Lance is the leader of the age of EPO. Probably nobody has been more involved with EPO. Not Riis, not Ulrich, not Pantani, not VDB, not Miller, not Frigo, not Museeuw - it was Lance! Lance ran the whole EPO machine!l

Why do some posters keep hallucinating that someone has ever said that?

It's most bizarre.

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
bye bye
4053917-inmate-in-orange-jump-suit-offering-a-bribe-to-a-police-officer--isolated-on-white.png

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Regarding Lance:

He will be back, just probably not in the way he wanted to be. I'm sure his face may someday grace the cover of several supermarket tabloids.
We might (small chance, but still possible) even see his mugshot someday ???

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I remember the first time he was going to retire - he said I'm going to spend time with my kids and do the things that matter. He got bored quickly and came back into competition. There is no way this guy is gonna disappear - he's too narcissistic.

TRENDING THREADS