• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

WC 2012: U-23 Men and Elite Women Road Races

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 21, 2010
Visit site
reruns of womens world cup,so not so bad eurosport in uk starts in 5 mins.

Surely the dutch need too make the race hard,leaving it till final lap for a Vos attack on the Cauberg a mistake IMO.Teutenberg for one looked strong in the time trial. jnr womens won by a sprinter Lucy Garner who wasnt distanced at all when they attacked on the final ascent.

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
that was a ridiculous number of riders that just easily went down instead of avoiding the crash, women's racing tries to get respect but with bike handling like that, at the top level, hard to watch and take seriously

May 21, 2010
Visit site
CobbleStoner said:
that was a ridiculous number of riders that just easily went down instead of avoiding the crash, women's racing tries to get respect but with bike handling like that, at the top level, hard to watch and take seriously

wasnt bike handling was the slow speed,was incredibly tightly bunched no avoiding that one(apart from going a lil faster that is)

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Colclough's face is a mess.
Other than that, we had a genuine Mexican wave!:D
Most of the riders are back in the bunch.

Some talk about Van Dijk possibly being out of the race......
....I'm well behind myself, having replayed it all several times.

Van Dijk 1.47 down in a small group

For those of you listening to Eurosport International, do you think that this week Sean Kelly has been on fabulous form. Much more fluent and articulate than before but still as 'spot on' in terms of analysis of what's going on. I wonder if some of his Belg mates are spiking his coffee with Belgian mix. Eurosport's no 1 cycling 'asset'.