• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Web site update

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Is it just me, or is the site not updated as frequently as it used to be?
I'm in the UK, and every morning, I'd be able to see the First Edition News when I got to work, then by early afternoon, the Second Edition News would be up.
These days the First Edition News seems to be hardly ever up first thing in the morning, and there is never a sign of the Second Edition News.

And it is really annoying how new articles are tacked onto the end of a previous news update.. IMO they should go on the next news update..

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
editions

Editions are automatically made when multiples of 8 articles are published for a discipline and aren't already in an edition.

Sometimes this can mean you get a few editions in close succession, conversely it can also mean that you might not get a first edition until later on in a day. At this point today, we are currently 4 articles short of a first edition which is what you are experiencing.

On the old site, this was all manual so editions were batched at certain times of the day which is what you are likely used to.

All news is published into http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ and into the various rss feeds where you can check new stuff as its added.

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
evolution is when things master problems and become better
devolution is regression.

devolutioncyclingradarnews is where devolution turns to prostitution.

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Keep posting

the truth. said:
evolution is when things master problems and become better
devolution is regression.

devolutioncyclingradarnews is where devolution turns to prostitution.

Thanks for blasting brightstorm...I think he works for CN in all his posts he is unable to get anyone to agree!

I think we need lots of posts on the main thread 'about the website' so keep posting.

So brightstorm...are you a dobbleganger???

May 16, 2009
Visit site
I wholehearted agree. If it is true and the cyclingnews editions are now automated, it is clearly not working. Devolution it is. Come on cyclingnews lift your game!

Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
Where's the news crew?

Why is the latest news edition telling me what happened two days ago!? Vuelta is up to stage 4 now, the first edition news should be talking about Henderson stopping Vacsoleil almost stealing the sprint not reactions to the Prologue.

Geez' have you all decided that nothing happens on Mondays or Tuesdays anymore? Or are you all sitting in your offices trying to work out which Cheers character you most resemble?