• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Website Errors.

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 5, 2017
Visit site
Hey, um...
is this the right place to mention that there is a problem with the Disqus comments on the results pages for the Giro? Every day I stumble upon comments from last year. My guess is that the URL is the being reused after the articles of 2016 have been moved to other URLs containing “2016”. Wouldn't it be possible to add a “2017” to the new articles to prevent this from happening?

Re:

sulfuratus said:
Hey, um...
is this the right place to mention that there is a problem with the Disqus comments on the results pages for the Giro? Every day I stumble upon comments from last year. My guess is that the URL is the being reused after the articles of 2016 have been moved to other URLs containing “2016”. Wouldn't it be possible to add a “2017” to the new articles to prevent this from happening?
Yes, this thread was set up to alert the CN website in the event that they make any errors, but I'm not entirely sure they read this anymore.

The problem you're talking about has been happening quite often, I'm not sure if they know about it or not but I'll try to pass this along to the folks at the website.

Cheers :)

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Stage results pages don't have the year in the URL, so the comments include new ones for today's stage plus a bunch of old ones from last year.

Re: Re:

Benotti69 said:
Irondan said:
Benotti69 said:
While Raimondas Rumsas is under investigation, so are another 5 people. Headline is misleading.
How is it misleading when it's the truth?

It implies that Raimondas is soley involved. A lot more to it than that.
Let's hear your headline, that would include everything that you thought it should say.

Personally I think you're nitpicking. Headlines are always written as attention grabbers, with the rest of the facts buried in the story. The headline in this case was truthful, and attention grabbing. Both of which make for a perfect headline. I don't think the author could have written any better of a headline considering what they had to work with. imo

May 26, 2010
Visit site

Irondan said:
Benotti69 said:
Irondan said:
Benotti69 said:
While Raimondas Rumsas is under investigation, so are another 5 people. Headline is misleading.

Let's hear your headline, that would include everything that you thought it should say.

Personally I think you're nitpicking. Headlines are always written as attention grabbers, with the rest of the facts buried in the story. The headline in this case was truthful, and attention grabbing. Both of which make for a perfect headline. I don't think the author could have written any better of a headline considering what they had to work with. imo

I would've thought the team doctor and the Italian hospital are most at fault.

You want me to write headlines for CN? I will have to charge. :)

Benotti69 said:
Irondan said:
Benotti69 said:
Irondan said:
Benotti69 said:

I would've thought the team doctor and the Italian hospital are most at fault.

You want me to write headlines for CN? I will have to charge. :)
Job's already taken, by the author that wrote this headline... :D

Susan Westemeyer said:
Yingge said:
Is the mobile site m.cyclingnews.com dead? As it results in an error message:

Fastly error: unknown domain: m.cyclingnews.com. Please check that this domain has been added to a service.

That address has apparently not been in use for several years. I just use the usual address on my iPhone and get the mobile version of the site.

Thanks Susan. Looks like the redirect was still working until a few days back and it has expired. I have now updated the bookmark from m to www and all works fine.

Every single freaking time I enter a new page on the old cyclingnews.com (autobus.cyclingnews.com) I get a pop-up from Immediate Media who Values My Privacy, which I have to accept to see the page. Could you please, please make that go away as I have to visit that website a lot of times in the near future?

TRENDING THREADS