• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Website Errors.

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
In the California results (at least stages 3 and 4, I didn't check the others), cyclingnews has listed Brice Feillu but I'm pretty sure that's Martin Mortensen.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/giro-ditalia-his/stage-17/results

Here it says:
Fifth place, however, now belongs to Kanstantsin Sivtsov (HTC-Highroad), who was
part of the day's 16-man break and finished in 10th on the stage, 10 seconds behind Ulissi. The Belarusian started the day in 12th overall, 12:05 behind Contador, but moved up five positions to fifth, 9:12 back.

Sivtsov moved up seven positions, not five.;)

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/criterium-du-dauphine-upt/preview

The Schleck's may be missing, as will Alberto Contador but there will be no shortage of Tour contenders with BMC's Cadel Evans favourite ahead of Sunday's prologue in St Jean de Maurienne. Also lining up will be defending champion Janez Brajkovic, Ivan Basso, Robert Gesink, Alexandre Vinokourov, Bradley Wiggins, Samuel Sanchez, Tony Martin and Juergen van den Broeck.

That should be Jurgen van den broeck not juergen

A

Anonymous

Italian Davide Appollonio (Sky) took out his first victory as a professional, winning the bunch sprint on the third stage of the Tour de Luxembourg over points leader Denis Galimzyanov (Katusha).

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/71st-skoda-tour-de-luxembourg-2-hc/stage-3/results

No he didnt. He took his first win for Sky, but he had a victory last year for Cervelo in the Tour du Limousin.

(cn seem to be quoting the sky website a lot recently - never a big fan of second hand journalism, but anyway, thats by the by)

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Dauphine Evans "bemoaned"

While hardly an error the following plays to preconceived notions of C Evans.

:(

Evans meanwhile bemoaned the extra work that was required from his team on a day that he would’ve preferred to pass without incident.

"The (BMC) boys were great in correcting my errors there, a drill I would rather not have to put them through. Lucky for us Sky guys were napping at the same moment," Evans said on his blog.

Evidence of descriptor is either completely absent or poor (if the second para is supposed evidence).

The colour term appears unwarranted...as he was scarcely bemoaning more like complimenting team.

Neutral "Evans meanwhile was disappointed at the extra work he caused his team..."

Positive "Evans congratulated his team for the extra work they did in correcting his error".

Evans gets enough negative publicity off his own bat without CN's snipe.

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
jobiwan said:
The headline is a bit misleading, as all he says is he enjoyed his performance more.

Perhaps "Kruijswijk enjoyed Suisse more than Giro"

Or more simply, Kruijswijk calls his Tour de Suisse better than Giro d'Italia

Alternatively, the headline was right and the text was wrong. And what he really said was that the Giro was pretty tedious and dominated by someone under a doping cloud. It just got lost in translation.

A

Anonymous

i get this .....is it only me?

foqZq.jpg

TRENDING THREADS