• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Wed time trial

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
This will be the day that will upset the GC bringing some of the favorites up in GC and knocking down some in the top 5. The TT should set the stage till the MT V showdown!

My top10 after ITT:

- Froome (has a bad day and only takes about 20s over Valverde)
- Valverde (has a good time trial)
- Kreuziger (decent timetrialist as we know)
- Costa (best timetrialist of the Movistar guys for GC in normal conditions, even with the small hills.)
- Contador (not at his best as we know)
- Quintana (has a good tt in wednesay)
- Mollema
- Ten Dam
- Kwiatkowski
- Fuglesang

#lestusprayforfroomebecomingwiggins

BigMac said:
My top10 after ITT:

- Costa (best timetrialist of the Movistar guys for GC in normal conditions, even with the small hills.)
- Mollema
- Ten Dam
- Kwiatkowski
- Fuglesang

This is a post of hope over expectation I think ;)

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
If this is suppose to be the official thread for stage 11 then you should know it's too early for it, the title is wrong for a stage thread, and usually your suppose to put the profile and map in the OP (and the GC as well for the TT would be good, since it's a GC day).

Anyways, Froome will probably take it. I would say Martin before his crash. He didn't do too bad in the TTT though, so maybe he could end up winning it. I would prefer to see him take the stage.

BigMac said:
My top10 after ITT:

- Mollema
- Ten Dam
- Kwiatkowski
- Fuglesang

That is only 4 teams in top 8.

Afrank said:
If this is suppose to be the official thread for stage 11 then you should know it's too early for it, the title is wrong for a stage thread, and usually your suppose to put the profile and map in the OP (and the GC as well for the TT would be good, since it's a GC day).

I think it is just meant to be early predictions and analysis, but I am not sure.:confused:

I think this time trial will effectively end the fight for first place at the tour.

Froome will either win or finish second just a bit behind Martin and put over a minute,minute and a half into his rivals.

Contador will disappoint yet again imo.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
lastplacerider said:
will Porte go all out or conserve his energy?
Top 10 after ITT
Froome
Contador
Kreuziger
Costa
Quintana
Valverde
Peraud
Kwiatkowski
Fuglsang
Mollema

What reason would he have for going all out other then it's a time trial? Only reason I can think of is maybe he wants to get a top 10/podium on the stage. Smartest approach for him, Froome, and Sky would be to conserve his energy.

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
After looking at the Dauphine 32.5km, flat TT, where Froome came in 3rd at 52 seconds, I may have to change my predictions. Fuglsang was 25th at 2:43. The stage 11 TT is a little lumpy but nearly flat so time loses to Froome could be under 1:30 for most contenders.