• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Wed time trial

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
pedaling squares said:
The guy has 4 posts and you're telling him how he's "suppose" to create a thread? Why not just add the fancy bits you like to see and give him a break?

Martin FTW, Froome to put a strangle hold on the GC.

I was simply curious as to if this was intended to be a race thread or not.

LaFlorecita said:
Current top 10 will finish

1 Froome (+0'14" on Martin the german version))
2 Costa +0'46"
3 Kreuziger +1'02"
4 Valverde +1'17"
5 Mollema +1'33"
6 Contador +1'52"
7 Quintana +1'58"
8 Ten Dam +2'07"
9 Martin +2'15"
10 Rodriguez +2'28"

I think.

A massacre it will be, I just hope this won't be another stage win for Froome. There are plenty mtf left + the second itt so he'll get a nice amount of stage wins anyway.

How are you able to predict the time to that degree of accuracy?:eek:

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
I am psychic

Or it is a guesstimation, take your pick ;)

Froome taking the best part of 1-30/2 mins out of the competition over 33km is quite scary.,, that's 3/4 seconds per k?, so if Froome averages 52kmph or more the other guys will be how much slower... Excuse my maths but would it be about 3.5kmph slower?
I personally see Froome taking the win off Martin also. I would hope Quintana and Contador stay within 60 seconds but that's just bias.

I could've placed Costa a little closer but to be honest I think he'll lose at least 30s. The others are simply worse tters than costa. When you see that Martin put 52 seconds into Froome on a similar course I wouldn't say my predicted results are all that weird. Froome is a great tter. If Froome can lose 50s to Martin then I don't doubt half of the top 10 will lose 1.30+