• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Weight Weenies on here

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: My other WW bike

Benotti69 said:
ray j willings said:
Bustedknuckle said:
ray j willings said:
I hope you don't all get upset and angry but WTF click down the bottom of the page and you will see my Guru leaning against a bench. Its a big photo for a bonkers light bike.
enjoy or be jealous :D

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=136893&start=165

2 chainrings and front der?

Yeah 2 carbon chain-ring's [53-40] and my own custom made carbon front mech.
like I said before when I posted my trek. I want my bikes to look like a racing bike and not a hipster bike.

Most racing bikes have handlebar tape :rolleyes:

and the riders know where the QR Handle should finish in the closed position :rolleyes:

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Here we go ,,,,hater city Mr pedantic and his jealous buddy's have arrived. :D

I usually have Tune skewers. I will have another pair on the bike soon. 19grms the pair. In the meantime I have these things on and I could not care as long as my wheels don't fall off :D

Bar tape . This is a WW bike I have the amount of bar tape that my bike needs to function and I am comfortable with.
I don't need to wrap loads and loads of tape round. I want to show as much of the custom bar/combo as possible.
It works for me and is very comfortable. If I could get away with no tape I would. I always have rode with minimum tape. Its a personal choice I of the prefer the feel of the bars rather than the feel of 2 layers of tape.

I see this descending into another thread full of personal attacks and over the top reactions.

I will moderate this thread strictly within forum rules with no exceptions.

Consider this a warning.

Any and all infractions posted beyond this warning can and will result in a longish ban from the forum.

Happy posting! :)

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Re:

Irondan said:
I see this descending into another thread full of personal attacks and over the top reactions.

I will moderate this thread strictly within forum rules with no exceptions.

Consider this a warning.

Any and all infractions posted beyond this warning can and will result in a longish ban from the forum.

Happy posting! :)

Hi . I was joking . I posted a laughing emoji.
trying to make light of the issue and responded to the comments
I'm all good.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Re:

avanti said:
RJW, are you a Britt? I notice you front brake lever is on the right of your bars.

Also is that your front shifter on the head tube?

I'm alive in London.
It is the front mech shifter on the head tube. I really only ride on my big ring so I put the DT shifter there to save weight. No cable weight and I also take all the gear parts out of the red shifter. Its a old plastic shimano shifter. 10 grms
I have a down tube on my Trek as well on that I have the carbon Modolo shifter 5grms.
I did have a btp carbon shifter that weighed 4grms but I lost it.

you can see my heavier other bike here its a trek 5900 superlight "well was"
https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
3.39 KGMs Wow what a commute.

20160116_080414_zpstqv4r9ru.jpg