• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Welcome to the CN Forum - Come and introduce yourself

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Lafers said:
Thanx for the responses.
Even though there's a note of distrust and suspicion in Granville's one. I guess it's the result of experience on the board.

Got a laugh out of me! Yes, plenty of suspicion and distrust around here. It may be obligatory to graduate to the status of "regular". Not to mention doctorate degrees in snark.

Don't forget to take all the attitudes with a grain of salt. You'll find plenty of it around, just lying on the ground. It gets thrown about by the bagful at the slightest hint of differing opinions. Along with lots of rotten tomatoes.

We are all fortunate that a forum is not "real", in the sense that any rocks or objects thrown will not show bruises at the office tomorrow. And bruised egos don't show any physical symptoms. So all is good.

Cheers, and welcome.

miketrout27 said:
Hi Guys, I am from California. I'm a huge fan of cycling and my favourite rider is Cadel Evans. Nice to meet you all.
After I had only read "Hi Guys, I am from California. I'm a huge fan of cycling and my favourite rider is..." I thought the next two words would be "Chris Horner" :D

No love for the papy?

miketrout27

BANNED
May 4, 2014
Visit site
Netserk said:
After I had only read "Hi Guys, I am from California. I'm a huge fan of cycling and my favourite rider is..." I thought the next two words would be "Chris Horner" :D

No love for the papy?

I like him though, I just like Evans better.

miketrout27 said:
Hi Guys, I am from California. I'm a huge fan of cycling and my favourite rider is Cadel Evans. Nice to meet you all.

Hi Mike

Welcome aboard the merry ship. Lots of respect on here for Cadel.

As I've said before to other newbies, don't be shy to post your views, particularly with the Giro coming up and Cadel in the running for a podium spot:)

Will Carter

BANNED
May 14, 2014
Visit site
New here

Hi all,

New here from a member / posting point of view - been reading & following for sometime but really only just got in to the social network stuff recently.

Have been a big fan of CN since about 05/06 - have tried many other sites but this one just seems to give the news so much quicker.

Quick Bio:

I'm 43, live in Britain but from a heritage point of view am actually Welsh-Italian. Love Rugby and Cycling. Grew up in the 80's when (in UK terms) Cycling was getting big. Memories of Robert Millar, The Milk Race, et al defined my teenage years. In those days 'The Tour' was what was on TV (if any Cycling was at all). Clearly as a Brit I love what I have seen from the Track Team and Wiggo & Froome on the road. From reading posts on here it seems there could be some disagreements with people so I'll spend some time reading, etc. before posting in those bits!

Anyway - I'm here and looking forward to chatting with you all.

Will

gossymat

BANNED
May 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum. I'm a huge cycling fan from the UK, I ride to work everyday. I like to watching time trailing and my favourite rider is Alex Dowsett.

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
wave.gif

gossymat said:
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum. I'm a huge cycling fan from the UK, I ride to work everyday. I like to watching time trailing and my favourite rider is Alex Dowsett.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
gossymat said:

Will Carter said:
Hi all,

New here from a member / posting point of view - been reading & following for sometime but really only just got in to the social network stuff recently.

Have been a big fan of CN since about 05/06 - have tried many other sites but this one just seems to give the news so much quicker.

Quick Bio:

I'm 43, live in Britain but from a heritage point of view am actually Welsh-Italian. Love Rugby and Cycling. Grew up in the 80's when (in UK terms) Cycling was getting big. Memories of Robert Millar, The Milk Race, et al defined my teenage years. In those days 'The Tour' was what was on TV (if any Cycling was at all). Clearly as a Brit I love what I have seen from the Track Team and Wiggo & Froome on the road. From reading posts on here it seems there could be some disagreements with people so I'll spend some time reading, etc. before posting in those bits!

Anyway - I'm here and looking forward to chatting with you all.

Will

Welcome to you both. :)

mikefisher918

BANNED
May 19, 2014
Visit site
Hello Everyone, my name is Mike. I'm from the United States. I love all kinds of sports, especially cycling and hockey. Favourite rider is definitely Tejay Van Garderen. My most memorable cycling adventure was cycling 300km in the dirt road in Cambodia. Looking forward to chat with you guys

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

I've been reading this forum for a while, so figured it might be time to stop lurking and start posting. I've been a cycling fan since the Indurain era, although I've followed it sporadically at times. I've started watching a lot more races recently, due to finally getting Eurosport, so am following a bit more consistently! My favourite rider ever was Jan Ullirch, but these days I'm pretty fickle when it comes to favourites I tend to chop and change who I'm cheering for on a fairly regular basis.

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi!
Having lurked around this forum reading for a few months, and now registering and starting to become an active member recently, I feel I should introduce myself here.
I've only really followed cycling since 2012 - ironically it was the success of Sky that meant more coverage of cycling in the British press that initially got me interested - having found out a lot more about the sport now, however, let's just say I'm not too keen on them...
Favourite rider is Nairo Quintana by a long distance (I mean, doesn't he just look so adorable :D), I also like Contador though.
Favourite race is the Giro, despite 2012 being a poor introduction.
I also like debating and theorising about race routes and climbs and that sort of stuff (as you may have gathered from my rant-post in the Vuelta overview thread :D) so, having read through a lot of the Race Design thread amongst other things, I shall surely be posting some things there.

Hi,

Been lurking for a couple of years and thought I'd sign-up as pretty excited about the upcoming Vuelta. I intend to keep up an average post cost of 1 every 2 or 3 months ;)

Got into cycling by accident in about '92 - was just channel surfing and came across the Channel 4 half hour highlights of the Tour (I'm from the UK). Immediately became a fan of Indurain up until he retired. Then I kind of lost interest in cycling in about '98 and didn't get back into it until about '04. Since then have been cheering for the likes of Basso, Bettini and Flecha. With Bettini and Flecha retired, kind of on the lookout for new riders to start cheering for.

As far as actual cycling goes, have done a bit of cyclo-touring in my time, but basically never took to cycling physiologically...am far better at running, so spend a lot of time training for amateur running events.

Cheers.

Helvellyn said:
Hi,

Been lurking for a couple of years and thought I'd sign-up as pretty excited about the upcoming Vuelta. I intend to keep up an average post cost of 1 every 2 or 3 months ;)

Got into cycling by accident in about '92 - was just channel surfing and came across the Channel 4 half hour highlights of the Tour (I'm from the UK). Immediately became a fan of Indurain up until he retired. Then I kind of lost interest in cycling in about '98 and didn't get back into it until about '04. Since then have been cheering for the likes of Basso, Bettini and Flecha. With Bettini and Flecha retired, kind of on the lookout for new riders to start cheering for.

As far as actual cycling goes, have done a bit of cyclo-touring in my time, but basically never took to cycling physiologically...am far better at running, so spend a lot of time training for amateur running events.

Cheers.

Welcome abroad! As for riders to cheer for, the almighty Alejandro Valverde and Rui Costa. :) Have fun.

TRENDING THREADS