• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What are your BOLD predictions in Tour de France?

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re:

the-big-bad-wolf said:
Ok, here i go :
Contador it's going to win the Tour without a stage victory. He will thank the team for their help in every post stage interview, despite being alone on every mountain stage. On the finish line in Paris he will do the 4 fingers gesture. in an interview later that day he will declare that he will not do the vuelta. A week before de the start of the vuelta he will anounce on twitter that he will give it a go and Tinkov will say that it was entirely Alberto's decision.

I'm pretty sure you're joking but just in general i get tired of this media circle jerk where contador is the so called puppy of tinkov and does everything tinkov wants.

It's absolutely incorrect, contador is prob the rider with the strongest mentality out of all of them. He survived armstrong ffs, there's nothing worse than that and he did it all by himself.

Tinkov has no influence on contador at all, contador doesn't care what he says. He prob laughs at it, he does this cause he wants to.

There was even talk in 2010-2011 that contador wanted to aim for the treble.

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
@ Miburo i ment no dissrespect to Alberto, after the announcement, the media will create hype that he was forced to enter the race and THEN Tinkov will come out and say that he didnt influenced him.

Re:

the-big-bad-wolf said:
@ Miburo i ment no dissrespect to Alberto, after the announcement, the media will create hype that he was forced to enter the race and THEN Tinkov will come out and say that he didnt influenced him.

This is a bit of fun...why does every thread have to turn into a discussion on Alberto Contador
Considering what the same people say about Chris Froome and then tell others who object to get a sense of humour they would want to take their own advice.....can give it out but can't take it

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I know and i'm not blaming you orso, besides even if I disagree you've the right to speak your mind, i'm just speaking about the media.

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Re:

gunara said:
Singer01 said:
ray j willings said:
Uci build a ramp up to the top of the Eiffel tower for Hill top finish
. That would be awesome

it's only 300m vertical, wouldn't be that great, unless it was 20% the whole way.

At the same distance, it would still be much steeper than Mur de Huy, only the run in would be more boring.

Valverde will set the pace all the way

May 12, 2015
Visit site
Too many ifs to know for sure. Chris has to be in the best shape of his life and Sky, the team, need to be in 2013 dominant fashion. Nibali has to be in 2014 shape and Astana, the team, need to be in 2015 Giro dominant mode. Alberto needs to be in 2014 Vuelta shape and Tinkoff, the team, have got to deliver big time.

As far as tactics go... I see Nibali trying to put time on both Chris and Alberto on the cobbles and the windy stages and then put it on cruise mode. Chris has to make it through the initial stages unscathed, and have a Sky team ready enough to do the usual control-launch attack with 5k to go once the road starts to go up. Alberto needs to put time on Chris before they get to the mountain stages so that he can ride comfortably (as well as also make it through the earlier stages without falling) and let Froome do all the work.

All in all, whoever is able to impose their gameplan will win. HOWEVER, after last year's TdF, methinks proof falls on Chris and Alberto making it through the earlier stages. Once they do, if they do, we will have to revisit this thread.

May 12, 2015
Visit site
Re:

RedheadDane said:
That's not a bold prediction, it's simply stating what might happen in the race. Except you kinda forgot to factor Quintana in; he's rather hard to overlook.

My bold prediction: Nobody on the forum gets banned for the duration of the Tour.

I didn't say I was making a prediction.

I did forget about Quintana though. As with Froome and Alberto, he has to make it through the cobbles and the windy stages to be able to be in contention to fight for a spot on the podium. If he makes it through, he will fight for the win.

It's looking like it's going to to be a great TdF though: Chris is coming off of getting owned by AC in the next to last grand Tour and will surely want to return the favor, Nibali won last year's edition putting his foot on everyone's throat (in a dominant fashion) and will surely want to send the message that he isn't a fluke and Quintana will want to show he is The Man of the Future.

It's going to be awesome.

My DVR has 36 hours of recording time and I'm going to change it to a bigger cable box so that I can record the entire TdF.

Legendary.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Re:

gunara said:
Singer01 said:
ray j willings said:
Uci build a ramp up to the top of the Eiffel tower for Hill top finish
. That would be awesome

it's only 300m vertical, wouldn't be that great, unless it was 20% the whole way.

At the same distance, it would still be much steeper than Mur de Huy, only the run in would be more boring.

No it wouldn't ...with 40km to go riders will have to choose from a selection of "METAL WEAPONS"

The Helicopters will fire a barrage of "TINY MICE" at the riders, this is the signal for all riders to "UNLEASH HELL"
What commences next is not for the faint of heart. Riders "even Porte" chopping and cutting away at each others musette's in a blood bath of gel's and jam scones. No rider shall go unscathed. In the end there can only be "not Porte" one who survives this onslaught to the top of the Eiffel Tower.
I pray for their souls "not Porte"

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Re:

BigMac said:
Kittel will be crap.

Cav to get 5 stages closer to Merckx's wins record.
That isn't too bold at the moment ;)

Degenkolb to outsprint Kittel in at least 1 stage

Cav to win green

Greipel to win more than 1 stage

TRENDING THREADS