• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What are your BOLD predictions in Tour de France?

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
People on this forum will not complain about boring racing, or the parcours.

Porte will be Sky's worst domestique.

Europcar won't get in every single break.

Paul Sherwen won't mention "suitcase of courage", or "riding like a man possessed."

Froome to win a stage and the forum won't break because of ' completely non-bitter and hilarious' "mutant, full genius this is a joke, stemgazing" comments.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Poursuivant said:
People on this forum will not complain about boring racing, or the parcours.

Porte will be Sky's worst domestique.

Europcar won't get in every single break.

Paul Sherwen won't mention "suitcase of courage", or "riding like a man possessed."

Froome to win a stage and the forum won't break because of ' completely non-bitter and hilarious' "mutant, full genius this is a joke, stemgazing" comments.

You may be right with that one.

In a small group of favorites and their super domestiques with Quintana isolated and dropping off the back on the Alpe, Majka will take a pull and Contador will drop, seeing this Fulsang will take a pull and Nibali will drop at which point Porte will take a pull and Froome will drop leaving the super doms to fight for GC.

Nacer Bouhanni will win 2 stages and the Green Jersey
TJVG wears yellow after the Team Time Trial and loses it on the first mountain stage.
At least one rider will be unable to start due to the MPCC
Two Polish riders will finish in the top 12
Cannondale-Garmin does not place one rider in the top 25

Re:

WildspokeJoe said:
Nacer Bouhanni will win 2 stages and the Green Jersey
TJVG wears yellow after the Team Time Trial and loses it on the first mountain stage.
At least one rider will be unable to start due to the MPCC
Two Polish riders will finish in the top 12
Cannondale-Garmin does not place one rider in the top 25
I'm not sure those predictions are too bold, They're all fairly plausible!

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re:

ferryman said:
In memory of the great and much missed Andy, Frank will scoot up the Alpe in record time just to prove what should have been this year with his wee Bro....

i think andy will return to cycling in a year or 2

Don't know if this fits this thread but I'm not sure I could find any better. I had a dream last night about Tour de France stage 1. It was a hilly stage with 2nd or 3rd category climb few kilometers from the finish and then some uncategorized bumps in the end.

I could see 6 Cannondale-Garmin riders near the front and soon 3 of them got to the front and started setting the pace. Nathan Haas was setting the pace and then TV showed that Contador was being dropped (he was wearing pink jersey, but it didn't really look like Maglia Rosa). :eek: As soon, as he was dropped, he gave an interview to TV about why he was feeling so bad. :D Then the camera was back to the race and showed that Haas' pace reduced the bunch to around 30 riders and then the next Cannondale rider took it on the front. It was a very big guy who didn't really look like a professional cyclist, let alone climber, but he was surprisingly able to continue setting high pace uphill. Around 2 kilometers to go there weren't any more Cannondale domestiques in the group, just Martin, Talansky and Hesjedal all riding for results. There was a group of around 25 riders left and a bit of flat road. The peloton started getting a bit nervous. Someone accelerated and then Talansky crashed and took Valverde down with him. :eek: Then Dan Martin attacked and a lot of Movistar riders were in the front of the main bunch slowing the pace preventing other riders from attacking Valverde. It looked like Dan had this in the bag but Daniel Moreno caught him. They started sprinting about 500 meters to go and they were overtaking each other frequently. There were hell a lot of turns in the final meters and nobody really could see where the finish exactly is. Moreover, it turned out they're finishing in my home village in Poland! :eek: Eventually, Martin overtook Moreno and started celebrating a bit too early so he won the stage just by few centimeters as Moreno was closing him. Hesjedal was 4th something like 4 seconds back. Riders were crossing the line one by one like on a proper MTF. And the stage officially finished on Mur de Huy despite pictures showing my home village. :D

That sounds more exciting than most races. I sometimes have these go-slow dreams where I can hardly turn the pedals and there's like an old woman ahead and I can't get closer. One other time I was in the Tour de France, which was nice, but then took a wrong turn somehow so I was inside a supermarket. No matter how much I tried I couldn't find the way out and was super frustrated because the race was long gone so that dream sucked too.

The winner of the Prix du combativité won't be French.
The winner of the polka dot jersey will be in the top 3 of the GC.
One of the Big Four will finish behind a team mate in the GC.
No one of the Big Four will crash out in the first week.
Froome will gain time on Nibali in the cobblestone stage.
Fränk Schleck will win a stage.
A Swiss rider other than Cancellara will win a stage.
Tony Martin won't win the time trial.

Re:

Pantani_lives said:
The winner of the Prix du combativité won't be French.
The winner of the polka dot jersey will be in the top 3 of the GC.
One of the Big Four will finish behind a team mate in the GC.
No one of the Big Four will crash out in the first week.
Froome will gain time on Nibali in the cobblestone stage.
Fränk Schleck will win a stage.
A Swiss rider other than Cancellara will win a stage.
Tony Martin won't win the long time trial.
what long time trial?

It's a very good Tour for Quintana with little time trialing and quite a few very hard mountain stages. I predict a good battle between big four (Quintana, Froome, Nibali and Contador) and my prediction is:

1) Quintana
2) Froome
3) Nibali
4) Contador

The fight will be very exciting and on the last mountain stage Quintana will overtake Froome for the GC. Unfortunately I can't see Alberto winning this race (although I'm his fan) - he will be too spent after the Giro.

TRENDING THREADS