• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What beer ya drinkin'?

Page 31 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

Buffalo Soldier said:
There just was a heavy fire in the Rochefort abbey!!

My heart skipped a beat, but no worries: the brewery was'nt damaged. (although 4 barrels of 27.000 liters of trappist were destroyed!)
Video link
(and the library is fine too, if you want to know)

Whoa! Dodged a bullet there.

But I mourn for the 4 barrels lost...

Apr 10, 2009
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
Whoa! Dodged a bullet there.

But I mourn for the 4 barrels lost...

I thought the same thing. Although I have to admit when I saw that you posted at 6 in the morning on the beer thread I thought, "Wow, Scott's a hard man drinking already." :D

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I can see myself leaving Belgium with a fair bit of beer to take back to Australia, and I'll have to declare it when I get back, and end up having to pay a fair bit in tax, because I've exceeded the limit of what I can bring back in. ****s.

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

Sierra Nevada. Seems to please the taste buds right now.

Can you get in Australia? And what Australia beers are available in the US that are worth a try?

craig1985 said:
It's either that or VB and both are ****.

TBF they are no worse that Coors or Budweiser or Tecate or any of a thousand other fizzy piss yellow beers. But I do have to say that when I was down there (Australia, that's what we say:p) 4 years ago I was not impressed in general by the quality of beer that was available. I did manage to find a couple of pretty decent smaller brews that had some stuff that I quite liked but for the most part the popular brews tended to be what I would call "lawn mowing beers", beers that are insipid enough that you can drink 10 or 12 and still not cut your foot off while doing yard work.
My girlfriend's dad told me that the XXXX label was made that way because most aussies could not spell beer.:D

A

Anonymous

Not sure what to think about this...

brooks5packteq-300x171.jpg

A five pack of Mexican beer with five shots of tequila. Blanco Basura (White trash). Dude should get entrepreneur of the year.

A

Anonymous

Oh my, my.

Uh, well... if you have an opportunity do not pass it up.

5184206269_b5eee51611.jpg

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I'm drinking Tiger beer ATM. I had this in Malaysia a couple of years ago when I stopped over in Kuala Lumpur (I was enroute from Japan to Vietnam) for the night. I got a 600ml beer for approx $2.50.

Win!

Aug 30, 2009
Visit site
When in South Australia...

Cooper_s_Sparkling_Ale.jpg

Drank Coopers Sparkling Ale all week while at the Tour Down Under.

1.7 Standard Drinks in a beer and still tastes good

*WHAT A REAL WOMAN DOES*

A real woman is a man's best friend. She will never stand him up and

never let him down. She will reassure him when he feels insecure and

comfort him after a bad day.

She will inspire him to do things he never thought he could do; to live

without fear and regret. She will enable him to express his

deepest emotions and give in to his most intimate desires.

She will make sure he always feels as though he's the most handsome man

in the room and will enable him to be confident, sexy, seductive and

invincible. . .

No wait... Crap, Im sorry... I'm thinking of beer.

That's what beer does...

Never mind.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Somebody offered me a Budweiser yesterday and I said no to it. I drank it once in 2005 and I felt like walking to the bar and getting my money back, and I vowed that I would never drink it again. I still haven't broken that promise. I've had Czech Budvar beer before, and it was really good.