• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What bike/bikes are you riding?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Storck Fenomalist Di2. Dura Ace clincher wheels for training, Lightweight Standard G3 for races, Edge parts. Best bike of over 30 I've had over the years.:)

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
I had a 2006 Wilier Le Roi with Campy Chorus 10 speed and Hed Ardennes wheels until earlier this year when a SUV pulled out in front of me and totalled the frame. I have now got a new Schwinn Peloton LTD frame and recycled the parts to make a trainer bike. Meanwhile I acquired a 2005 Scott CR1. This has Campy Record 10 speed, Zipp cranks and bars and American Classic Mag 300 wheels which make it somewhat light. Great climbing bike. Also a Jamis T2 TT/tri bike with the standard DA/Zipp 808 build.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
A 2008 Lynskey R220 "Everest Stelvio Ti" edition. Built up with Dura Ace, Q-rotors, Ritchey WCS carbon bits and Mavic Open pro/Ultegra hubs...

6dzkw8.jpg

flyor64 said:
A 2008 Lynskey R220 "Everest Stelvio Ti" edition. Built up with Dura Ace, Q-rotors, Ritchey WCS carbon bits and Mavic Open pro/Ultegra hubs...

6dzkw8.jpg

I normally don't care for a sloping geometry, but this frame? Just wonderful.

Also, how do you like those Q-rotors? I'm a bit surprised to see them on the same bike as Open Pros.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
mr. tibbs said:
I normally don't care for a sloping geometry, but this frame? Just wonderful.

Also, how do you like those Q-rotors? I'm a bit surprised to see them on the same bike as Open Pros.

Thanks! :)

Jury's still out on the Q-rotors. Having just got them I need to give it enough time to make a proper call. Suffice it to say that I went too hard the first couple of rides, got some cramps in my calves and some soreness...so now I'm following the instructions :D

I took the right advice with the Open pros I think. They roll really good and very easy to maintain. Can not say the same about the Ksyrium SLs I was riding before...

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
RDV4ROUBAIX said:
Yeah, you did!;) Really nice bike flyor64! How tall are you by the way? That bike is HUGE!!!

Yup ;) thanks btw. Guy at the shop pretty much said verbatim what you said!

I'm 6' (183cm) and at the very bottom of the spectrum for this frame...but I don't think it's that HUGE! :D Maybe it's the way the photo came out?

oldborn

BANNED
May 14, 2010
Visit site
Carrera podium Nitro

I am riding Carrera Podium Nitro 2008, 56cm, Campagnolo Chorus 10spd, Zonda wheels 2 way fit (better than tubulars, but pain in a.., when you must change it) with Hutchinson fusion2 tyres, FSA Chainrings 39/53, Miche cassete 12/25, FSA Crankset, Deda quatro stem, Deda zero handlebar, Fiizik bar tape, CX6 Look pedals(limited edition Cippolini WC), Ultegra rear brake, chorus front, wifes oily curtains coz chain and moving it arround, simply priceless!!.
Good allround bike, nice finish in K12 carbon. Same one link, but without red paintings. I uploaded it.

http://www.carrera-podium.it/en/bicycles/nitro/5

mine
s5004703.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

oldborn

BANNED
May 14, 2010
Visit site
TT frame

Michielveedeebee said:
Did you buy the TT frame?

No i did not yet!, i found 10 similar "generic" frames, for 320$ each including shipping costs, if you buy 10 pcs price going down 5%, like apples or bananas.
So i am waiting, will put decal on them Pinnarelo, and nowone will ever know:cool:

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
oldborn said:
No i did not yet!, i found 10 similar "generic" frames, for 320$ each including shipping costs, if you buy 10 pcs price going down 5%, like apples or bananas.
So i am waiting, will put decal on them Pinnarelo, and nowone will ever know:cool:

sweet :D :) where do you find those frames?

oldborn

BANNED
May 14, 2010
Visit site
Michielveedeebee said:
sweet :D :) where do you find those frames?

I am sending you link, amazing:eek:, and know what? they have a 30 frames, TT, road, track, cross, mtb, even a carbon wheelchair aero wheels

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Isn't there already a thread on this? With pics and details? Just saying. See the search feature, that thread has several pages worth of info.

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Michielveedeebee said:
So what kind of bikes are you guys riding?
I have Ridley Noah with Sram Red en Sram S60 clinchers==> great ride :)
and a Decathlon 900 sport bike :p with shimano 105 and fuclrum 5 clinchers
and please, post pictures :)
picture.php
Sweet ride!

I have a:
2010 Trek Madone with Sram Force and Red cranks
2008 CAAD9 with 2009 Force

flyor64 said:
Yup ;) thanks btw. Guy at the shop pretty much said verbatim what you said!

I'm 6' (183cm) and at the very bottom of the spectrum for this frame...but I don't think it's that HUGE! :D Maybe it's the way the photo came out?

What size is it? I'm 6'3" and ride a 60cm, but I know two guys who are 3" shorter and insist on riding 61 and 63.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I am 195 (about 6'4") and I ride a 59cm Look
I have a lot of length in my legs, so the seat post is relatively high to the top tube, by then again I do have a 13 cm Stem, so it isn't that short over all (arms are also long)