• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What bike/bikes are you riding?

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Fondriest Columbus SL. Campag Xenon, Ambrosio Wheels, Continental, Look.

Its getting long in the tooth and the handlebar stem has seized which is annoying and so i cant adjust it lower, thinking of getting an off the peg bike because i cant be bothered to build one up again.

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
TopCarbon said:
Fondriest TopCarbon for the road

DSCN2620.jpg

those are some nasty wheels :D

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Winter Bike - Trek 1.5 Aluminium with Bontrager carbon Stem, Ultegra 8800 groupset and Mavic Aksium wheels

Summer Bike - Felt AR3 with SRAM RED Groupset, HED Carbon Wheels, Fizik Saddle.

All fitted with Garmin device clutches and cadence meters.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I am riding this right now.. 85 guerciotti (alan) athena super record....loose bearings everywhere..all just perfecto... I also have an 88 Pinarello SL treviso that needs cosmetic work.. I will get something new one of these days..

guer5.jpg

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
redtreviso said:
I am riding this right now.. 85 guerciotti (alan) athena super record....loose bearings everywhere..all just perfecto... I also have an 88 Pinarello SL treviso that needs cosmetic work.. I will get something new one of these days..

guer5.jpg

Why on earth would you want to do that when you can use this beauty! Fine steed:cool:

Wow!

redtreviso said:

guer5.jpg

Beautiful! Perfect!! Jealous!!!

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
durianrider said:
What am I riding?

I ride a Caad 9 cos Ive broken enough frames. These alu Cannondales are bullet proof. Light stiff, lifetime warranty... I use ultegra sl cranks cos they are the stiffest shimano has made and ride a heavy duty alloy steer fork for strength, comfort and out the saddle stiffness. Alloy bars, stem and seat post for durability and stiffness. You can chuck em in the recycling bin afterwards too. Powertap pro + is my power meter of choice. xtr pedals cover racing Cat 1 and riding to the shops with the bob trailer on the back for groceries.

yo dude. yo bike still aint stiff enough...
cant stand vegans tbh but least ur a cyclist too, so your ok ;)

ive got 2 old giant tcr's from round '03 which i love but ones a TT bike now and the other a training bike. + a track bike tht gathers dust.

Also got a trek 5200 with sram force and a pair of 303's i bought individually with a tonne of good carbon goodies. tonnes nice bike built piece by piece 3yrs back for around $3000. Id say there aint much difference in my bike and a $9k bike.

these days what ur paying for vs its performance is exponential. after about $4-5 grand ur paying more and more and getting bull**** in return.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
53 x 11 said:
lol, it's good to have some cycling fans that aren't 'hard core' cyclists. Unfortunatly most Australian cyclists are the lycra kind.

The teschner was a beautiful bike to ride, and really light for an alloy frame. But the paint job we nicknamed the "Royal Sampler". At the Tour of Coleraine some one asked me if I was sponsored by Dulux!

I forgot one. I sold this one to a friend am now trying to buy it back because i want the frame for my wall.

4228_1053482423899_1430956017_30113559_4897208_n.jpg

Handmade by Luke Roberts's Dad, just down the road from me.

Funny you should mention Teschner, I have heard how **** the carbon frames are, and seen how much flex there is in the top tube. KILL IT WITH FIRE.

craig1985 said:
Like this one?

This is my current bike:

13765_343917455061_892240061_9825682_5161654_n.jpg

It's a few years old, and I'm looking at getting a new bike. What do people prefer, SRAM or Campagnolo?

So now the fate of this bike, I had two accidents in the space of a week, which led me to trade it in for my Orbea, and it has been reborn as a hire back for my LBS (local bike store for those playing at home). So good, that in the last three and a half months since I parted ways with it, it has been hired out three times by the same bloke (who comes up to the Gold Coast for business or holiday I would imagine). He likes it so much that he keeps asking for it every time. It makes me happy knowing that somebody else is getting the same amount of enjoyment out of it as I was.

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Parlee Z5 - cosmic's,S'red,ITM,fizik
Orca - cosmic's,6700,sella
D'ale F1 lefty - xt,bontrager
Dolan trackie - frame only at the mo'

Anyone gotta a 695 yet? Thinking about the white one, gonna get shot of the Orca and fancy something French..

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
winter bike/commuter/all around exploration rig - Salsa Vaya w/disc brakes (i live in perpetually rainy Vancouver and have a very, very hilly commute to work. disc brakes rule)

Moots RSR - almost having to sell a kidney for this, but it will be my forever bike. Building up with '11 Campy S-Record once I can get my hands on a group in the spring.

Cannondale Supersix HiMod DA - selling this one to pay for the Moots. Phenomenal race bike.

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
What a shock, I race an old SLX deRosa with campy chorus. I love going to races with my old bike and showing the group what is what. For my triatholons I do have a Cervelo P3, I also have a few other toys. I guess I fit the master with money mold but I have fun.

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
durianrider said:

Not to go off topic too much or come off as being an a-hole.. But why all the vegan stickers and what not? I am a vegan and have been for quite some time.. but i've never felt it was something to brag about. Am I missing something? Again, I'm not trying to be a ****.. Just honestly puzzled.

Also, your name has reminded me that I need to take a trip to the asian market and pick up some durian. I haven't had one in quite some time. Thanks for that.

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Back on topic. I ride a Litespeed Classic with full Campy Chorus and Mavic Open Pro wheels. I don't have any pictures of her, but this thread has prompted me to do so.

Apr 10, 2009
Visit site
Flogged my Cervelo S2 as I'd always wanted a lugged colnago.

Just got this ready for next year's racing. Frame/group were bought as one on ebay, as were the wheels. Saddle/stem from previous build... And yes, before anyone says it looks like the saddle is forward, I do need that setback, the clamp is right in the middle of the useable area of the rails!...

c502.jpg

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Commuting to work on:

Giant Yukon hardtail 08
Merida front fork
Hayes disk brake front
Shimano disk rear
Single speed 32x16
26" wheels DT Swiss front, Sun rear

Needing some TLC after a wet winter of commuting and no maintenance:

Giant CFR 99
SRAM Rival groupset
Fizik arione seat
Mavic Aksium front wheel
Mavic rear wheel

Gathering dust in my garage since my last triathlon (March '09):

Cervelo P2C '06
Mixture of Shimano and FSA components
Mavic Ksyrium ES wheels

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Several in the stable

My Favorites are my Van Dessel G&T with a Ultegra and FSA mix, Kenda Small blocks, which I dig.

Giant TCR w Force and some Cane Creek Cronos wheels
and
87 Wicked Fat Chance I bought new, w mostly XT, Its currently SS with some Vintage Phil hubs

ridewaterton001.jpg