• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What bike/bikes are you riding?

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I live in two different places depending on the time of year. While working in the Middle East my ride:

2007 Look 585 limited paint Tangerine
Full Record 10 compact w/carbon rings
King/Velocity/CX Ray wheels
Zero Gravity brakes
Zipp bars/F99 stem

The stateside ride
DSC03195.jpg

DSC03198.jpg

DSC03200.jpg

DSC03201.jpg

2008 Ruegamer Uberlight/Edge fork
Record 10 shifting/cog set 13/29
Extralite Compact cranks w/Fibrelyte rings 50/34
KMC X10SL chain
Custom Rue bar stem combo Zipp/F99
KCNC brakes/skewers
Emporelli cages
Flite saddle
Pearlz housing
Extralite/Edge/CX Ray wheels

Ahh Trigon

RDV4ROUBAIX said:
That is a blank Trigon RQC29. Building the CX version of that bike as I type this.

I have an older Trigon CX with Louis Garneau stickers on it. Aluminum main triangle, carbon stays. Trigon looks like they are threatening to enter the U.S. market. The warranty for the U.S. looks very weak and price generally high for an unknown brand. The build quality seems great. I don't see resellers taking the product.

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
DirtyWorks said:
I have an older Trigon CX with Louis Garneau stickers on it. Aluminum main triangle, carbon stays. Trigon looks like they are threatening to enter the U.S. market. The warranty for the U.S. looks very weak and price generally high for an unknown brand. The build quality seems great. I don't see resellers taking the product.

Yeah, they've been strictly OEM up until this point and they don't really know how to market in the US. Quality is great.. Trigon/Conviva has maybe the most experience laying up carbon in the entire industry, not just Asia. They've been at it for 25+ years. People are just hearing about them now because they're going for other markets under their own banner. Not going to work with the current marketing crew there, or here, it's maybe one dude Stateside. I'd be happy if they stayed OEM.

oldborn

BANNED
May 14, 2010
Visit site
RDV4ROUBAIX said:
Yeah, they've been strictly OEM up until this point and they don't really know how to market in the US. Quality is great.. Trigon/Conviva has maybe the most experience laying up carbon in the entire industry, not just Asia. They've been at it for 25+ years. People are just hearing about them now because they're going for other markets under their own banner. Not going to work with the current marketing crew there, or here, it's maybe one dude Stateside. I'd be happy if they stayed OEM.

Well same as Europe they are trying something, but it is better for them to work for Pinarello, Most, PRO (Shimnao), Ritchey.. as they do.

MSRPn for RQC29 with Sram red is 4905 euro:eek:, so.....

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
For me Giant TCR Giant TCR Giant(actually about 6 all together) mostly with old Campy record, some sweet Sigma Hardox tubbies. A couple more cheaper versions including a TCX with Chorus and a couple cheaper TCR's with Sachs. that's Sachs not SRAM as in old 8 speed.
Still love it, working great

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
Cliveds said:
My new Neil Pryde Alize and Diablo, will have two reviews on my blog as soon as I feel I have covered all the bases.

NPBA7.JPG
npba-d2.jpg

:eek: Love em .... Been "riding" Neil Pryde gear on the water for years ..... hope they go as good as they look ....... Love their windsurfing gear .. would love to get on a road bike .....

Know of any distributers in OZ ????

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Barracuda said:
:eek: Love em .... Been "riding" Neil Pryde gear on the water for years ..... hope they go as good as they look ....... Love their windsurfing gear .. would love to get on a road bike .....

Know of any distributers in OZ ????

There are none in Australia, you might want to take a trip to Malaysia or Hong Kong for one though.

Latest posts