• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What bike/bikes are you riding?

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
unsheath said:
The Wife
DSCF7385.jpg

Is that a soup thermos in the cage on the seat tube? Not a bad idea actually.

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Current main ride is this (although I swapped out the fragile Reynolds for some sweet and robust Fulcrum Racing 1s given the *** roads round here).

It's an awesome ride - stiff but smooth, rock-solid downhill and light enough to climb seriously fast :)

colnago20cx120complete2.jpg

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Sweet piece of kit

Fragile Reynolds? I train on Alu Solitude and Race on Carbon Assault Tubulars and have broken 2 spokes on the Solitudes (one being when I ran over a Tek screw that went in the rim hole and impacted directly on the nipple - freak accident) and 1 on the Assults in 20k Witht he exception of the Tek screw I have always been able to ride back, carefully of course
Always been able to replace the spokes and true myself. Previously I had a few brands that when a spoke went the wheel lost so much shape the rim was toast.
I am a 90+kg Sprinter and we ride on Australian Country roads, enough said about road quality...

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Notso Swift said:
Sweet piece of kit

Fragile Reynolds? I train on Alu Solitude and Race on Carbon Assault Tubulars and have broken 2 spokes on the Solitudes (one being when I ran over a Tek screw that went in the rim hole and impacted directly on the nipple - freak accident) and 1 on the Assults in 20k Witht he exception of the Tek screw I have always been able to ride back, carefully of course
Always been able to replace the spokes and true myself. Previously I had a few brands that when a spoke went the wheel lost so much shape the rim was toast.
I am a 90+kg Sprinter and we ride on Australian Country roads, enough said about road quality...

Sorry, should have qualified. "Fragile" when compared with the bomb-proof Fulcrum's. Nasty Aussie roads for me too. Apparently bitumen comes in three varieties here: pot-holed, cratered and broken :D

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
Cmon ladies and Gents .... Ive thrown out enough hints ..... doesnt anyone know anything about info on Neil Pryde bikes here in OZ ??

Been using there stuff windsurfing for years ... whats the deal with the ALIZE here in OZ??

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Barracuda said:
Cmon ladies and Gents .... Ive thrown out enough hints ..... doesnt anyone know anything about info on Neil Pryde bikes here in OZ ??

Been using there stuff windsurfing for years ... whats the deal with the ALIZE here in OZ??

There isn't a supplier for their bikes in Australia. Unless you go overseas and contact a supplier.

May 3, 2009
www.glorycycles.com
Barracuda said:

Check my blog for images of the two models. They are available direct from Neilpryde or through select dealers.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Lemond tete de course (ti/carbon mix) with Dura 7700, thomson setback post, zipp stem, deda bars and open pro dura (big fan of mavic open pros)...backup is a Lemond Zurich steel with ultegra and opens...

Feb 18, 2011
girodilento.com
Barracuda said:
:eek: Love em .... Been "riding" Neil Pryde gear on the water for years ..... hope they go as good as they look ....... Love their windsurfing gear .. would love to get on a road bike .....

Know of any distributers in OZ ????

As Cliveds said in his reply you can order them directly into Aus - there is Australian pricing on the website, which includes shipping etc.

I've been told that there will also be dealers in Perth, Sydney and Melbourne in the very near future. Just call the Australian contact number on the website, or drop them a note if you want any more info. There is also an Australian rep/agent based in Melbourne. There are no distributors because they ship directly from the factory to the dealer/customer.

You definitely don't need to plan a trip to the Far East to get one ..... unless you're looking for an excuse to get on a plane and take a trip :)

Hope that helps.

GdL

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
girodilento said:
As Cliveds said in his reply you can order them directly into Aus - there is Australian pricing on the website, which includes shipping etc.

I've been told that there will also be dealers in Perth, Sydney and Melbourne in the very near future. Just call the Australian contact number on the website, or drop them a note if you want any more info. There is also an Australian rep/agent based in Melbourne. There are no distributors because they ship directly from the factory to the dealer/customer.

You definitely don't need to plan a trip to the Far East to get one ..... unless you're looking for an excuse to get on a plane and take a trip :)

Hope that helps.

GdL

Thanks for that ..... just gotta get the sizing right before taking the plunge......

oldborn

BANNED
May 14, 2010
Visit site
I was looking for P3 and bought S1 last week, just today i finished with assembly. So i sold (i think so) my carbon Carrera Nitro and return to aluminium bikes.

On the kitchen table (while Mrs. is away) just after cranks were attached.
s5000374.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

s5000377h.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Only tool i was needed was that strange crown race tool, so i visit LBS they handle it with solid steel 5 kg pipe instead expensive one.

I did not put top cap yet on headset cos alu insert with starnut are still bonding.
s5000378.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

s5000379.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

I am just concerned with cables little bit too short, but i will handle it later if needed. Nice frameset for 580 euro 04/2010 new unused, only my custom idiots put me some extra money, cos there is 5% custom fee on bike parts but 0% on complete bikes

oldborn

BANNED
May 14, 2010
Visit site
s5000380.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Chorus rear and front mech, i left cables without end cap for couple a days.
s5000382.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

s5000383.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

I also put in line adjuster on front mech Bustednuckle, i can not live without them.
It is only 3rd Cervelo in Croatia, as far i know (one P3, one S2 and mine). They are less known brand guys here.

oldborn

BANNED
May 14, 2010
Visit site
Michielveedeebee said:
Is the S1 an alu bike? :eek: very nice frame :D

Yes Dude and they do not produce S1 anymore:eek:, so they let to your countrymen Merckx and Cannondale "alu zillion bikes per year" industry.
I just can not be clever why they do not produced alu S1?
Thanks, it is really nice frame indeed, nice paint job, all small parts in place, control paper was in it with signature of worker, really nice. 3T Funda fork is carbon and it comes with such a small instruction letters, so there is some mess with fork but great frameset for money. Last year they was for 1200 MSRP euro, and 800 euro dealer price.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
oldborn said:
Yes Dude and they do not produce S1 anymore:eek:, so they let to your countrymen Merckx and Cannondale "alu zillion bikes per year" industry.
I just can not be clever why they do not produced alu S1?
Thanks, it is really nice frame indeed, nice paint job, all small parts in place, control paper was in it with signature of worker, really nice. 3T Funda fork is carbon and it comes with such a small instruction letters, so there is some mess with fork but great frameset for money. Last year they was for 1200 MSRP euro, and 800 euro dealer price.

Cervelo S1 IS available in the UK in 2011. It is the same frame/fork as 2010 model. Price approx £800-900. I believe that this is the last year that Cervelo is selling this model. Unless they are replacing it with a new model next year, they are making a SERIOUS error. I know 3 people who have bought these frames since Jan 2011 and it became clear that this would be the last year that they would be available. These are guys who currently ride carbon (one of them Cervelo carbon) but who always wanted an S1.