• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What cars do you own/drive?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
ChrisE said:
I don't have the inclination to read thru this thread to see if anybody has called out the OP, but I am calling BS on the VW daily driver and this as the weekend car.

Why not VW owns Lambo?? So he could be driving either or at a given time.:D:D But really how cares about what we drive this is a cycling forum. To comment on the OP, I own and drive the following.

81 Porsche 928S euro gray market.
91 Porsche 911 (otherwise know as a 964) .
95 Honda accord (99.99% of my driving time).
77 Corvette.
65 Corvette.
61 Corvette.

Looking for a 78 930.

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
I've wanted one of these since I was 17
Fiat Abarth1000tcr

a_1958_Abarth_Berlina_750_Corsa.jpg

picture.php

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
TopCarbon said:
I am looking for one as well.

this is the general section where people talk about anything. Cars fall into this category.

I was not trying to judge, general is general. I was simply trying to state why does anyone call BS on a General posting? (well a small amount of judgement but not towards you)

I am lookng for the 930 because it is the first car I borrowed without a friends dad's permission while in high school. Anyone else out there with similar stories??

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
TopCarbon said:
go.....for.....it.

My dd is in Mexico because thats where I work, my others cars are in Arizona because that is where I play.

Nothing says understatement like a vw and around here, thats what I need to be.

I would not like to drive the Lambo in Mexico. Flashy cars and homes are not a plus here.

A

Anonymous

Personally, I thought very early on that this thread was created so that we would know Top Carbon drove a Lamborghini. Hey, if you own a Lamborghini, what fun is it if people don't know? That's why IF I had the money to buy a Lamborghini, I would buy a real race car instead and do SCCA races on the weekend. I used to race, and there is no public road experience in ANY car that will ever top it.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Personally, I thought very early on that this thread was created so that we would know Top Carbon drove a Lamborghini. Hey, if you own a Lamborghini, what fun is it if people don't know? That's why IF I had the money to buy a Lamborghini, I would buy a real race car instead and do SCCA races on the weekend. I used to race, and there is no public road experience in ANY car that will ever top it.

If I had a Lambo, it surely wouldn't be bacterial infection snot green.

I'm not sure I agree with your assessment.....if somebody owned a car like that they would be secure enough to not have to publicize it on a cycling forum. Topcarbon probably cruises around town with Britney Spears in his Lambo. :rolleyes:

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:

Couple of points here, I Know a couple of people that own very expensive collectable cars. Most really dont want
people to know what they own. The work to keep a Lambo stored and kept up is more then most people want to spend on a daily driver. Temp and humdity controlled garages standard maintence bills in the 10K range.

So getting back to TFF's point. He is correct. If you cant go out in a parking lot and drive the Blcth around some cones why bother.

Autocross is fun. Just like a Crit but in a car.

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
L29205 said:
Couple of points here, I Know a couple of people that own very expensive collectable cars. Most really dont want
people to know what they own. The work to keep a Lambo stored and kept up is more then most people want to spend on a daily driver. Temp and humdity controlled garages standard maintence bills in the 10K range.

So getting back to TFF's point. He is correct. If you cant go out in a parking lot and drive the Blcth around some cones why bother.

Autocross is fun. Just like a Crit but in a car.

funny, all the guys I know don't mind what people own. We drive our cars and don't keep them locked away for only show.

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
krebs303 said:
Hot tip these days is to put in a Japanese motorcycle engine. No doubt much more reliable, but the boot still doesn't close:eek:

Fiat 600 proto Kawasaki 1000

ANDREAVELLEI KAWASAKI NINJA 1200

Holly Sh*t!

That is so amazing. I love small fast cars, Lambo ect dont really do it for me. The reason I dont own one is that I realise there is a 20 something year old man in my head that tells me to go FAST. Not good on public roads except on a bike.

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
TopCarbon said:
funny, all the guys I know don't mind what people own. We drive our cars and don't keep them locked away for only show.

I am glad!! Cars are for driving. So many people just lock them away for no real reason other than a false hope of appreciation.

As a side note, maintaining a car of a Lambo quality still holds true. 10K per service is not unheard of. Many times a mid engined car requires the drop of the entire engine in order to service.

everyone who has fun on bikes or in cars should understand why this quote is correct::

Cameron: The 1961 Ferrari 250GT California. Less than a hundred were made. My father spent three years restoring this car. It is his love, it is his passion.
Ferris: It is his fault he didn't lock the garage.

:p

Hugh Januss said:
Nice, where's that? I am restoring a real 914/6 the 275th one made, right now. I'll take you for a ride in it when it's done .........around 2015 or so.:rolleyes:

i think it is limerock? or sebring. and yeah the 914 will be a fun one for sure.
i had a Karman Ghia back in the day, that was a blast to drift in the Oakland and Southern California hills. just the smell of the car was fun.

TRENDING THREADS