• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What cars do you own/drive?

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Nice to know what you all drive.

I will start with my daily driver.
019.jpg

Later I will post my weekend car.

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
TopCarbon said:
I thought general meant off topic. Like not cycling. Plus, is cycling all you talk about?

You are correct Sir
General Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

As you will see my favorites in this section are Cuisine Corner and the Free form/Chaos thread:D

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
TopCarbon said:
I thought general meant off topic. Like not cycling. Plus, is cycling all you talk about?

That's a mightily impressive electricity sub station behind the green thing in the photo - I'd be interested to know the KV output and also the specific colour for a future re-spray of my bike

ps. I am considering selling drugs, what's the going rate for say smack and how much do I need to sell to buy the same wheels as you have on the black smackmobile?

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Throbbobank said:
That's a mightily impressive electricity sub station behind the green thing in the photo - I'd be interested to know the KV output and also the specific colour for a future re-spray of my bike

ps. I am considering selling drugs, what's the going rate for say smack and how much do I need to sell to buy the same wheels as you have on the black smackmobile?

rob a bank, its safer and easier to accumulate $$$$

Verde Gomma is the color

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Throbbobank said:

Not and electrical engineer, are we? Most likely a low voltage signal control box or telephone junction pod.

The color looks to be the same as Brewerjeff's ride: sunbleached putty. Nice camoflage for a drug dealer.

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
TopCarbon said:

I will start with my daily driver.
019.jpg

That's MY daily driver as well...well, your car and mine would be mistaken for each other at the valet, at least...

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
I haven't contributed to the forums in quite a while, but just couldn't help myself this time. I love cars as much or more than bikes.

TopCarbon said:

German-sweet

ergmonkey said:
... But, I do enjoy riding my Fondriest Top Carbon every day:)

Fondriest is one of my rides, too

TopCarbon said:
this should spark some conversation:

Not a Lambo fan myself, but test drove one recently-the local dealer is on the way home. Not bad.

durianrider said:
Im 33 and still dont have a license. So for me its a Caad 9 with a powertap and a bob trailer and a Specialized S-Works Epic. :)

+1 . I have been driving some sort of motorized vehicle since I was five years old and cars since I was about 12 or 13, but I admire anyone who can get by without it.

As for my own cars; 911 and benz c-class. I'd post a picture of the Porsche but I'm too lazy to figure out (again) how to do it.

Apr 19, 2009
Visit site
I own/have no car....

I do however have 8 bicycles some are worth more than a "cheaper car" I suppose
like my 1972 Lambert with a gold plated frame (not ridden and only 100 ever made) but hanging in a place of prominence.
:D

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
1987 Toyota Corolla sedan. It's a little rusted, and has always been unattractive, but we hope to keep it for a few years yet.

Mr Spare Tyre and I try to minimize our carbon footprint, so we have switched to bike and PT use where possible, with occasional use of the car.

In any case, I'm not interested in spending vast amounts of money on a heap of metal to get around in.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
We have a Mercedes C-Class and a Ford Fusion, which in Europe is a mini-van/SUV and not a sedan as in the US.

Right now our rental car in the US is a Chrysler Town and Country mini-van (room for 4 adults and tons of luggage).

Susan

Susan-you can rent almost anything with more economy, performance and dignity than your rental.

TRENDING THREADS