• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What do you think about on the bike?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

What do you think about on a solo ride?

• Total voters
Usually nothing. Don't know how to explain it. The world just goes away and I suffer on the bike. No reason for me to suffer since I don't race but for some reason I like to make myself hurt. I think that is one thing that separates cyclist from other athletes. Being on the road by myself is nirvana.

I even dumped my cycling computer because it made cycling more like a chore. I had to hit those numbers and it completely ruined the joy of riding a bike.

Same. No road computee any longer. Alao feel better since I no longer use Strava too. It is nice to have the aggregated data but like the freedom of dataless more. Follow your own legs and heart.

.................i'm with those above..admire the view..not data

..................pounding my 50x14 uphill i don't have power i once did..smiling at the world
around on following down hill swoop......after passing a group of cyclists

...i sing....'we are fami...ly...............all the cyclists....and me....'

Mark L

edit..on todays ride again what's on my wrists make me smile...left kiddies rainbow star
necklace picked up walking dog...right skull watch on vintage swiss ammo leather strap..
ha ha!....i will let others decide cool...uncool...

Last edited:
I definitely focus on the data not the views. I am fortunate enough to live near some stunning scenery but unless I’m in a car I am focusing on my power not the stunning views.

Years ago I’d do indoor sessions listening to Metallica but these days stick with the numbers even if that sounds boring which it kind of is if you dwell on it.

I definitely focus on the data not the views. I am fortunate enough to live near some stunning scenery but unless I’m in a car I am focusing on my power not the stunning views.

Years ago I’d do indoor sessions listening to Metallica but these days stick with the numbers even if that sounds boring which it kind of is if you dwell on it.
I prefer numbers when I’m indoors and find that I naturally gravitate toward intervals and exact numbers for indoor sessions. Outdoors it’s all by feel and I usually increase intensity throughout the ride and get into more of a mindless flow at that point if it’s a good session.

Reactions: Cookster15
Feb 28, 2023
Visit site
Guys, if I take my dogs with me, then my thoughts are only about how they would not begin to break out of the front bucket of my cargo bicycle (of course they do it because of cats) o_Oo_O

But in general, I like active pastimes with my pets. And I can recommend cargo bikes for all of you since it is very fun. Has anyone tried it?

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS