• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What has happened to the forum????

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

sam

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: Re:

Chris said:
Jspear said:
lemon cheese cake said:
Beech Mtn said:
When we click on a link, it would be nice if it opened in a new tab, instead of taking us off the forum.
Seconed by me.

3rded by me. :p
And it isn't consistent. Sometimes it opens another tab and other times it takes me off the forum.

To all - this is something I've already passed over to a developer so there should be a fix already in the pipeline.

This is a browser preference, we set "_blank" in the links - so they open in a new "tab/window" depending on the browser you use.

As you can see by my screen shot of safari....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-25 at 11.59.41.png
    Screen Shot 2015-03-25 at 11.59.41.png
    8 KB · Views: 453
This thread has to many posts for me to go through searching for an Enhancements List or workarounds. After reading some of these posts I'm almost glad I was unable to login until yesterday despite the intense frustration I experienced as it seems tremendous progress was made in fixing up the site.

If someone could point me at the Enhancements List I'd appreciate it so I don't come here and repeat old requests as I work through the new system.

BTW Red Rick thanks for the post where you used the 'feedback' button to get your login fixed. I'll remember that one if I ever need it again.

Meanwhile thanks to the support and development staff for all your hard work. I'm sure your lives have been quite hectic for a couple of weeks now!

LaFlorecita said:
pls fix the max URL thing - I tried to edit the "career highlights" post in the AC thread which has dozens of youtube links but I can't because a post can only have 5 URLs :(
Its better than 2 like we had after the update. What I cant see is why they didnt enable URLs immediately with infenite amounts, as when I'm reporting the spam bots threads they hardly ever have URLs in.

Pete

Administrator
Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Alex Simmons/RST said:
Please add a "Mark forums read" link/button to the "View New Posts" page.
Thanks.
The one on the board index will do the same job - is this just a request to have it in another location for convenience? Should be doable, just wanted to check people know the link exists on the board index (and is working as expected for everyone).

sniper said:
how is there still no multiquote option?
There is (I just used it to quote your post), though it works slightly differently and is limited to the last few posts from the same topic. This is a limitation of the platform unfortunately, and would be a significant development task to extend to the levels of the previous forum.

Pete

Administrator
Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
On the Full Editor, the Topic Review section will have quote links on the last 20 replies to a topic (see below).

Attachments

• Screen-Shot-2015-03-26-at-10.04.18.png
    Screen-Shot-2015-03-26-at-10.04.18.png
    57 KB · Views: 334

Pete said:
Alex Simmons/RST said:
Please add a "Mark forums read" link/button to the "View New Posts" page.
Thanks.
The one on the board index will do the same job - is this just a request to have it in another location for convenience? Should be doable, just wanted to check people know the link exists on the board index (and is working as expected for everyone).
It would be both convenient and the most helpful place for it IMO. Click View New Posts, review which threads you want to read, open those in new tabs and click mark posts read. Simple, fast, efficient forum browsing.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Pete said:
On the Full Editor, the Topic Review section will have quote links on the last 20 replies to a topic (see below).
come again?
what is "full editor"?
what is "topic review section"?
i don't have any of that on my screen when i reply.
seeing how you explain things, no wonder the forum has become unusable.
it used to be pretty transparent.
don't wanna sound reactionary, but i'm raelly just here to post/discuss, not to improve my computer skills.

also, my smilies aren't working although it says "smilies are on".

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site

sniper said:
Pete said:
come again?
what is "full editor"?
don't wanna sound reactionary, but i'm raelly just here to post/discuss, not to improve my computer skills.

Please see below:

AH5Fz8o.png

5Li1jkv.png

Pete

Administrator
Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
Re:

saunaking said:
Is there a setting to display more posts per page in the forum?
I cannot find it
There isn't currently this option, I'm afraid.

sniper said:
come again?
what is "full editor"?

Apologies if my instructions weren't clear enough. I assumed the Full Editor button would have been fairly recognisable given its location, though an additional screenshot may have been a good idea. Chris has kindly done that for me now, so if you're not seeing what Chris has posted in his screenshots, please let me know what is on your screen when you reply and we can find out what's going on.

Have you noticed the option box "Attach a signature (signatures can be altered via the UCP)" on the page for writing a reply? The option box is not visible on quick reply.

I guess the "price" of a quick reply is that you lose some of the options in your supply, including the option of a sig.

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Re:

Jspear said:
I can't get my signature to work. I go to "Edit Profile", "Profile", "Edit Signature", then I put in what I want and hit submit. Anything I'm doing wrong/or missing?

If you go to your User Control Panel, go to "Board Preferences", then select "Edit posting defaults" and tick "Yes" for "Attach my signiture by default". This should attach your signature by default, even when using the quick reply option.

Hi all and to any and all who are running the tech show ...
can you please restore my FRIENDS that I had here before?? Each and every one of them was important..we had a sense of community.
It seems most of the messages and all transferred so can you bring back the Friends list. There are some special ones that can't be re-contacted.

Can you please put Craig1985 back on this forum as he was a vital and loved member..his memory should be respected here in the new format.
THANKS.