• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What have you bought for yorself lately?

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
The Lynskey, they are a steel frame right? What is their weight?

fatandfast said:
They are Ti and are made to make most men envious . They come in any finish...the big bonus is they don't wear out.

What F n F said...:D

For a metal frame they're pretty dang light...the Large I'm riding is listed at 2.75 pounds or 1275 grams. Not rocking the carbon frame weights we see these days but I wasn't too interested in that anyway.

Btw, Chainreaction carries them and I think they ship to your neck of the woods ;)

May 6, 2009
Visit site
flyor64 said:
What F n F said...:D

For a metal frame they're pretty dang light...the Large I'm riding is listed at 2.75 pounds or 1275 grams. Not rocking the carbon frame weights we see these days but I wasn't too interested in that anyway.

Btw, Chainreaction carries them and I think they ship to your neck of the woods ;)

Edge cycles (IIRC) in Melbourne are a supplier, which is a coincidence since I'm going down there for the weekend in two weeks time. I'm in the market for a new bike as well.

Look what you made me do :D

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
Edge cycles (IIRC) in Melbourne are a supplier, which is a coincidence since I'm going down there for the weekend in two weeks time. I'm in the market for a new bike as well.

Look what you made me do :D

Ya see how that works? :D

Almost the same thing happened to me...was in the market, always wanted a titanium bike...someone mentioned that this shop in Oslo sells Lynskey...stopped by, they had this bike and I rode it...and well, you get the idea. FWIW I had eyes only for this beauty in a room full, and I mean full, of Colnago, Cervelo, and Eddy Merckx carbon wundermachines :D

Definitely give them a look while you're in Melbourne if you get a chance. The good folks in Chatanooga will thank you!

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
2010 Specialized S-Works Road Shoes with the two-way Boa ratchet fasteners. Happy feet at last!! without knowing it, I was waiting for exactly this design.:)

May 9, 2009
Visit site
one of these:

420476.jpg

and some of this:

silver%20maple.jpg

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
That's a nice guitar...

-----------------------------

Black bartape :D (guess I need to vote in that thread now)

Carbon bottle cages

New crankset bolts

One must personalize one's ride...

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
various lightweight T-shirts, a microfibre towel and a couple of pairs of mtb shorts for my trip to the Netherlands at the end of the month.

Now just got to find a pannier rack that will fit my WSD bike :mad:

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Michielveedeebee said:
you mean red dead redemption? is it good?

It's pretty fun.
The small things like hunting are cool, shooting things form the back of your horse.The main storyline is pretty repetitive.

A

Anonymous

Always something for business

28rjimo.jpg

decals for the new company truck.... I find I'm behaving myself better while driving now... maybe I'll have to shape up here too?

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
brewerjeff,

I'm currently in the process of selling off my 2 vehicles and very possibly consolidating to a Transit Connect. A couple questions; I see that the back seats in the wagon version can fold forward, but are they easy to remove if need be? What was your rational for getting the wagon instead of the cargo version for your biz, wouldn't the cargo have made more sense in your case? MPG says 22 cty/25 hwy, but what's your actual when loaded? What's the difference between XL and XLT versions? Impossible to find the difference on the Ford site for some reason.

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
Oh, I forgot to mention - also treated myself to my first pair of SPD's. Went out for the inaugural ride today, feeling very smug cruising along the lanes of Essex and getting up hills that usually half kill me. Until I got to the junction near my house, got my right foot stuck in the pedal and went splat into the the puddles....

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
New bike!!!!

Ahhh the weekend was bliss, new Ceepo Venom TT bike with sram force, R2C shifters and 3T carbon bars. Can't wait to pick it up, best thing is i'll be able to put a huge block of training on it before the first race!!! Woot!!

May 9, 2009
Visit site
brewerjeff said:
28rjimo.jpg

decals for the new company truck.... I find I'm behaving myself better while driving now... maybe I'll have to shape up here too?

How's the suspension on that thing when it's loaded down with full keggers??? :S