• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What Should be Nibali's Tactics in the giro 2013?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

What Should be Nibali's Tactics in the giro 2013?

• Just listen to vino.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 28, 2012
Visit site
The best tactic is to be stronger than your opponents.(not kidding)

If Wiggins is stronger, Nibali should definitely consider the other options though, except the Purito one. This implies that you're already better than your opponents.

Anyway, I hope he'll surprise us all. That's the reason I watch this sport.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Nibali will do it like Vino. When road goes uphill Nibali attacks, when it goes downhill Nibali attacks, when it rains Nibali attacks, when their just rolling along the flat gifting the stage to the break...Nibali attacks. :D And if attacking all the time doesn't get him enough time, do it the Schleck way. 60k solo. :D

All joking aside though (was only half joking), agree with hfer07, he needs to do his thing and be the attacking rider that he is. Try to put Wiggins and others into difficulty wherever he can, As well as go for the bonus seconds, and if it comes to it, go for a suicidal far out move (Schleck and Contador like).

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:
If I started using it now it would have the effect of being one of those ironic nicknames. Like calling rujano big Jose, di Luca Teflon Dan or gesink the condor of steel.
Don't worry.
It has already been absurd enough.

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
He needs a bit of help from the conditions, like a nice rainy day on a stage with difficult descents (although I can't actually see which stage it would be, to be honest).

The Sky riders are all about numbers and power output. Without some unpredictability in one of the races, maybe because of the conditions, they will just overpower Nibali like both Wiggins and Froome did in Tour 12.

But if things end up in a situation where the riders have to use their initiative, rather than just staring at the power meter and following the train, Nibali has a chance. Like how he took out Froome in Tirreno.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Surprising for a mega Contador fan to identify the attack early option with pirata and not the athlete formerly known as The Great One.

Surprising that a Contador fan seems to abandon him so quick after some bad results.
Then again can't completely disagree.

The Hitch said:
No doubt eshnar, but Contador is doing it in a more boring generation, Contador is doing it now and mbiuro is a male la florecita.

Damn man at least write my acc name correct. It's kinda true though, i'm a big fan already since paris-nice'07.

Miburo said:
Surprising that a Contador fan seems to abandon him so quick after some bad results.
Then again can't completely disagree.

Damn man at least write my acc name correct. It's kinda true though, i'm a big fan already since paris-nice'07.

Sorry about the name, i always thought it was mbiruo:cool:

And dude, you think i abandoned Contador? You think i dont pray every day he wins Tour and Worlds this year?

But at the moment he is riding like a joke. Thats the brutal truth of the matter. And one must always face the truth even when it appears unpleasant.

It has to be Purito style in the last 1-2 Km.
Wait till the Sky train is delpeted/exhausted and then Attack to isolate Wiggins and gain time. Sky aren't going to lose men till the last few Km. Any attack before that will get pulled back and leave Nibali empty like in the tour 2012 either in that stage or the stage after that. He has to be very calculated. "MARGINAL GAINS":D

A few days before I race, I imagine myself going away solo 2/3s into the race. As the race gets closer, I get a little more practical imagining a move on some corner or hill farther in. By race time, I'm usually only lighting my matches in the last kilometer, if I'm even contending.

The best tactic is to get to the finale with more left than the other guy: stay in his draft, keep the pace even, and do everything right (nutrition, hydration, ect.) along the way. If he is stronger than you, you have to force him to screw up one of those. The most easy is making him lead. Very rarely does out-foxing actually work mano-a-mano

I would sit on Wiggans's wheel, and let the journeymen/outside contenders go away. Sky/Wiggans will chase them eventually, if not in the early stages. Sky will weaken, Wiggans will work, and then nibali finds himself in a position where he has more left, then goes.

I always shake my head when I see guys fly and die in the name of "just going for it." Racing is simple, a lot simpler than people make it

TRENDING THREADS