• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

what will be the top 10 in the vuelta

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Too bad Nieve won't ride according to an interview made after Tour de Suisse.

Contador
Gesink
Anton (I have faith in my beloved carrot)
VDB2
Purito
Froome
Quintana
Cobo
Kessiakoff
TGBM

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Vuelta

1) Alberto Contador (hungry for win like never before)
2) Christopher Froome (will loose some time in flat stage unluckily)
3) Roman Kreuziger ( surprise of the race, will co-operate with his future team-mate AC)
4) Cobo - (no podium for defending champion due to stronger field)
5) Joaquin Rodriguez (will loose some time in highest mountain)
6) Anton ( route will suit him,but will loose time in TTT and ITT)
7) Gesink ( min. 2 crashes as usual :D )
8) De Gendt ( won´t repeat grea Giro´s performances)
9) Molema ( nice top 10 for Bauke )
10) Nieve ( just because he loves this spot)

Contador
JROD
Froome
Anton
Cobo
Gesink
Shleck
JVDB
Uran
Quintana/ Caruso/ Henao/ Capecchi/ Cunego/ De Gendt/ Nieve/ Kreuziger/ Sanchez/ Moreno/ Mollema and...

I think JROD will go great on the climbs but shall lose the race in the ITT's. Froome i think will be strong but maybe not as strong as the TDF. Contador to own- hopefully.

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Froome will win this by so far everyone else might be hors delais.

Why is there any speculation on where Mikel Nieve will finish? I would have thought that was as clear as the midday sun.

Mikel Nieve in GTs:
10th, 2010 Vuelta (was 12th, but García da Peña and Mosquera's DQs raise him up)
10th, 2011 Giro (was 11th, but Contador's removal raises him up)
10th, 2011 Vuelta
10th, 2012 Giro

In fact, if Mikel Nieve finishes anywhere below 10th, it is a clear sign that somebody above him (or more) will test positive and be removed from the results.

So if Nieve finishes 9th...

But more seriously, will Euskaltel send Sanchez, Antón and Nieve?

Wigwan said:
So if Nieve finishes 9th...

But more seriously, will Euskaltel send Sanchez, Antón and Nieve?
In principle only Antón is scheduled to ride it because Euskaltel like to wonder why they have trouble scoring enough points at the end of the season. It's almost like they don't want to score too many points so that they can justify a policy change that leads to signing non-kosher riders to stay in the WT.

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Froome will win this by so far everyone else might be hors delais.

Why is there any speculation on where Mikel Nieve will finish? I would have thought that was as clear as the midday sun.

Mikel Nieve in GTs:
10th, 2010 Vuelta (was 12th, but García da Peña and Mosquera's DQs raise him up)
10th, 2011 Giro (was 11th, but Contador's removal raises him up)
10th, 2011 Vuelta
10th, 2012 Giro

In fact, if Mikel Nieve finishes anywhere below 10th, it is a clear sign that somebody above him (or more) will test positive and be removed from the results.

Nice post, good sir. :D

May 20, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
In principle only Antón is scheduled to ride it because Euskaltel like to wonder why they have trouble scoring enough points at the end of the season. It's almost like they don't want to score too many points so that they can justify a policy change that leads to signing non-kosher riders to stay in the WT.

If Anton fails again (70% possibility of that, although he had decent form in Pologne) that would be a wasted Vuelta for them, and they cant afford that after what happened in the Tour. I still hope Sanchez will ride it since its almost guaranteed top 5 even if he arrives at the start in not so great shape.

Any idea if Ion Izagirre will do the vuelta? He seems capable of getting a stage win.

first 5,doesn't matter the order,i like them all a lot

contador
froomy
quintana
cobo
kash

the most important thing is that with this race,an arms race crazier than in the 50's will start.expect alberto to face his strongest rival on the mountains since ricky ricco 2008.
froomy the alien will be finally unleashed! _O_

TRENDING THREADS