• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What will Lemond say?

scribe said:
He want's the truth to come out

i have always trouble with that...like everyone thinks he knows the truth...lemond wants truth to come out,his wife (?) wants the same,LA wants the same,LA haters want the same...i would like to see at least once someone humble to come and say i dont know the whole truth but i can tell a bit i know

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
At least Lemond asserts he inhaled on a Mexican cigarette.

All the more I read of the structure, doping slush funds, organized programs, the more I believe this will be a case similar to a mafia trial. Even with the threats.

In the now missing emails on Radioshack team site, Landis references Armstrong threats to Dr. Kay.

What a drama.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
saganftw said:
i have always trouble with that...like everyone thinks he knows the truth...lemond wants truth to come out,his wife (?) wants the same,LA wants the same,LA haters want the same...i would like to see at least once someone humble to come and say i dont know the whole truth but i can tell a bit i know

You gotta figure the cadre of guys who were teammates of Armstrong are thinking this exact same thing. The implications on American cycling are significant. I believe most of them will admit they have seen doping, plead the 5th on doping themselves, and say they don't recall exactly what happened-when.

Apr 17, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
might be interesting if it comes out that Uniballer was offering $300,000.00 to someone to say that LeMond took EPO...

That's a new one on me. Not that I would be in any way surprised if it was true. Are there any articles, news stories or blog posts that record this choice nugget of information?

May 26, 2010
Visit site
badboygolf16v said:
That's a new one on me. Not that I would be in any way surprised if it was true. Are there any articles, news stories or blog posts that record this choice nugget of information?

Check the Landis Letter thread:) from an interview with a German journalist who investigated Ullrich/T-Mobile

$300,000?

doesn't surprise me. after all he was paying his hematologist $600,000 for exclusive treatment.

of course the other thing to note: $300,000? That's a lot of money to nearly anybody (that is anybody who isn't get rich off of cancer). and yet no one stepped forward.

hmmm.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Big Doopie said:
$300,000?

doesn't surprise me. after all he was paying his hematologist $600,000 for exclusive treatment.

of course the other thing to note: $300,000? That's a lot of money to nearly anybody (that is anybody who isn't get rich off of cancer). and yet no one stepped forward.

hmmm.

it's a lot of money if you get away with it. But think about it, you say "I saw LeMond EPO" you think LeMond is gonna roll over and cry and not sue your ***. It's a pittance if you get sued and gotta pay LeMond $1million in damages.

LA was just looking to get someone to say it in a newspaper and then he could quote that forever every time LeMond opened his mouth. This is the sad person LA is, willing to ruin someone else to satisfy his own ends.

editedbymod

BANNED
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Big Doopie said:
$300,000?

hmmm.

Here is my thought.

Yes a conspiracy theory but hear me out.

If Armstrong was throwing about $300,000 to send LeMond down then it wouldn't be surprising that he paid off the UCI to make positives disappear.

I think that he paid someone for Floyd to test positive. But that's a stretch. Could be true.

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I reckon LeMond will tell it has he sees it and turn over any evidence he has. Simples

Theres nothing hidden about Gregs agenda , the truth is all he wants,

Wouldnt suprise me if he offers Lance the number of a good shrink when all this comes to a head.;)

Benotti69 said:
it's a lot of money if you get away with it. But think about it, you say "I saw LeMond EPO" you think LeMond is gonna roll over and cry and not sue your ***. It's a pittance if you get sued and gotta pay LeMond $1million in damages.

LA was just looking to get someone to say it in a newspaper and then he could quote that forever every time LeMond opened his mouth. This is the sad person LA is, willing to ruin someone else to satisfy his own ends.

i 100% agree.

my point was simply that this is once more evidence that lemond was clean.

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
scribe said:
He want's the truth to come out. That he is the greatest American cyclist. ;)

But, that is the truth.

FYI, there is an article on the 300k bribe in Spanish. I don't speak spanish but if I find the article I will repost.

editedbymod said:
Here is my thought.

Yes a conspiracy theory but hear me out.

If Armstrong was throwing about $300,000 to send LeMond down then it wouldn't be surprising that he paid off the UCI to make positives disappear.

I think that he paid someone for Floyd to test positive. But that's a stretch. Could be true.

no conspiracy at all. this is exactly how the mafia operates.

and how stupid the uci look for accepting such a paltry sum. :D

and, yes, talk about an american who didn't want to have another american succeed. not lemond. but armstrong. how it would devalue his own "successes" if all his ex-team mates/workers managed to do what he did...heras, landis, hamilton, etc...

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
Darryl Webster said:
I reckon LeMond will tell it has he sees it and turn over any evidence he has. Simples

Theres nothing hidden about Gregs agenda , the truth is all he wants,

Wouldnt suprise me if he offers Lance the number of a good shrink when all this comes to a head.;)

I hope that there are no more huge revelations before the end of the Tour.

LA said that as long as he lives he won't admit doping. I fear he may ride off a cliff in the next couple of days if it gets worse.

editedbymod

BANNED
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
buckwheat said:
I hope that there are no more huge revelations before the end of the Tour.

LA said that as long as he lives he won't admit doping. I fear he may ride off a cliff in the next couple of days if it gets worse.

He crashed in the feed zone today.

He's got a lot on his mind. They should stop the race and let him recover.

My guess tomorrow he steps off his bike. Where to I don't know.

TRENDING THREADS