• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What Will Sky Win Next Year

What will Team Sky Win In 2010

• Nothing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

Ok.. the endless debate about sky, wether they will be any good etc...

So lets have some ideas.. (multiple voting allowed)...

Im going Monument (LBL EbH), I think flecha will podium in roubaix
Tour Of Britain (Sutton)
Ireland (Downing)
and EbH to be world Champion.. :D

oh and you are allowed to discuss what you voted or its just boring...

A

Anonymous

Nothing :eek: who said that... :eek:

Theyve got EbH.. they will win something.. :D

I voted standard classic, minor tours, and minor 1-day races and short tours.

I suppose Boasson Hagen could contest in Paris-Tours, Gent-Wevelgem and that godawful Hamburg 'classic', maybe even some of the monumental cobbled classics. I doubt he's already there yet, though. He'll win a whole bunch of races - one-day and stage - below that level.

Arvesen could get lucky in Paris-Tours - he's been close before, and Simon Gerrans and Thomas Lövkvist might go far in the Ardennes classics, Lövkvist maybe even in Lombardia. I don't really see them winning either of them, though.

EBH, Cummings, Froome and Lövkvist for just about every TT-focused shorter stage race with some hills thrown in hither and thither.

Flecha will of course play in important part on the cobbles, but no way he'll win any of them - podium finish in Roubaix, maybe.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
They have a pretty good classics team, so I definately see them winning one or two. It's much too difficult for me to speculate as to which ones.

I don't think they have a GC contender for any grand tours; Thomas Lövkvist isn't there yet, but Gerrans could definately take a stage or two.

A

Anonymous

be interesting to see what the results would be for radio shack.. :D

no younger rider challenges then?

The first thing they need is to win the hearts & minds of the fans!!!:D

but seriously- the primarily goal is to get a couple stage wins, and see how the team evolves throughout the season, so they can perhaps aim to greater goals like a classic or a jersey in any race they're to participate.

with lovkvist and EBH they are definitely going to win a one-week tour and will come close in the classics. both EBH and lovkvist are above average time-triallers and EBH has a great sprint so that he can pick up time bonuses. i see EBH winning something like the eneco tour of tour of britain again, while i think lovkvist has a very good chance of winning tirreno-adriatico (he's been close before)

A

Anonymous

Big_Blue_Dave said:
I have gone for Standard classic, and I assume that includes the semi-classics. Minor Tour, and minor one-day races.

it meant semi classic but i couldnt think of the word.. minor tour, and one day are under erm.. minor tour/one day... :D

EBH has a chance win the points classification in a grand tour if he should try, remember he was quite up there in the points classification at this years Giro d'Italia and would possibly have won it if he didn't have to work so much for Cavendish in the first weeks. (he even had to lead out for Cavendish while ebh himself was wearing the points jersey...).

He kind off has an upper hand on the pure sprinters being that he can collect quite some points in the time trials (he got 3. in the last time trial of the giro) and hilly stages. However, I don't think nor hope that his main focus will be to win points jerseys, but it's still a possibility.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
They will also win a huge following from Robbie Williams fans and a rubdown date with Dame Edna. The only way to complete this team is with Cavendish, He should wear some super mario suits just to show that he doesn't measure up, just kidding Markeemark.

ImmaculateKadence said:
I don't think they have a GC contender for any grand tours; Thomas Lövkvist isn't there yet, but Gerrans could definately take a stage or two.

I think the natural progerssion for Lövkvist if he takes another step forward next year would be to finish a GT without having a huge collapse in the last week. For example if he can finish in the top 15 of a GT at less than 20 minutes behind the winner then it would be a nice step forward to build on.

As of yet he has had days where he has finished with the grupetto 30 minutes down. That's what he needs to learn to avoid first. Then he can start working on actually entering the top 10.

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
I think that a minor tour is very likely for Sky, having Lövkvist and EBH, so I go for that. A semi classic and some minor races will come almost for sure, and I think that they'll be able to do well in the monuments (specially Flecha in Roubaix), but I don't see them winning one.

Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
nothing much at all , EBH will grab a small number of wins maybe 1 or 2 others will grab a win but beyond that it will look like a french pro tour team......:eek:

EBH and Gerrans will deliver their quota of wins in one day races, not the monuments though. EBH an Lokvist will both perform well at the shorter stage races and I see Hendy picking up half a dozen stage wins with good lead outs from Sutton.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
ggusta said:
Radioshack is just built around Cancer Awareness, winning any races is not the point.

AWARENESS:

An interesting fact about white people is that they firmly believe that all of the world’s problems can be solved through “awareness.” Meaning the process of making other people aware of problems, and then magically someone else like the government will fix it.

This belief allows them to feel that sweet self-satisfaction without actually having to solve anything or face any difficult challenges. Because, the only challenge of raising awareness is people not being aware. In a worst case scenario, if you fail someone doesn’t know about the problem. End of story.

What makes this even more appealing for white people is that you can raise “awareness” through expensive dinners, parties, marathons, selling t-shirts, fashion shows, concerts, eating at restaurants and bracelets. In other words, white people just have to keep doing stuff they like, EXCEPT now they can feel better about making a difference.

Source: stuff white people like

A

Anonymous

Sh!t, even I wish every thread didn't have mention of The Uniballer. Dang.

On topic, with EbH on the team, marked or not, he will win. Standard classic almost certainly (barring injury) and a Monument could very well come along too.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
ggusta said:
Radioshack is just built around Cancer Awareness, winning any races is not the point.

Radioshack is about getting the gang back together for lance to win the tour. Winning any other rances (which is unlikely) and getting cancer awareness is just a bonus. Full stop end of story. I think EBH will get most of sky's wins and gerro might get a few one day classics and might podium in a monuement.

TRENDING THREADS