• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

When did you realize LA was a cheat?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

When did you see the light on LA's doping?

• Never: I still have my head in the sand!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
broken chain said:
2003 when he lost almost 3 minutes to Ullrich in the time trial.
Classic symtoms of EPO overdose.
Claims he had had the flu.
Totally dehydrated.Lips look like had just dippped his face in a bowl of flour.

More likely something like Cobalt Chloride, as a urine test for EPO was already instituted.

Had a bit to do with an elite triathlete/cyclist back in the late 90's, and a few months after the 99 tour, I asked her whether she thought Lance was on anything. Her reply - "I know he is. My boyfriend (cyclist) lives with xxxxx (a USPS cyclist)".

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Nick777 said:
Had a bit to do with an elite triathlete/cyclist back in the late 90's, and a few months after the 99 tour, I asked her whether she thought Lance was on anything. Her reply - "I know he is. My boyfriend (cyclist) lives with xxxxx (a USPS cyclist)".

Interesting. Name some names! :D

Maxiton said:
Interesting. Name some names! :D

Would love to but can't..

She did tell a funny story about when the Festina scandal occurred - her boyfriend was at home in Europe & he got an urgent phone call from the Tour - "empty the bottom shelf of the fridge!"

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
1999-TdF ... But i didn´t care much, since i thought he is a one year wonder.

But from 2000 on, he made me & my cycling friends angry. Since then we wondered what he took. Beating Ullrich by 6 mins. :rolleyes:

The annoyance about this bully got higher & higher with every lie & intimidation of others.

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Nick777 said:
Would love to but can't..

She did tell a funny story about when the Festina scandal occurred - her boyfriend was at home in Europe & he got an urgent phone call from the Tour - "empty the bottom shelf of the fridge!"

:D And to think they're not even getting high in the bargain. :rolleyes:

May 14, 2010
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
1999-TdF ... But i didn´t care much, since i thought he is a one year wonder.

But from 2000 on, he made me & my cycling friends angry. Since then we wondered what he took. Beating Ullrich by 6 mins. :rolleyes:

The annoyance about this bully got higher & higher with every lie & intimidation of others. I am honest: I am to a point now, that i would celebrate a slow painful death of him. I know it´s wrong. But sorry, i really hate this misanthropic cheat like no one before.

That's a bit over the top, foxxy. it's not like you dropped in from the Middle Ages.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Maxiton said:
That's a bit over the top, foxxy. it's not like you dropped in from the Middle Ages.

As i wrote, i know. Sorry for the harsh words, i needed to lift my anger... But at least i am honest. I am not hiding by saying "i don´t hate him, but...". Actually i can´t take it anymore that such a liar and cheater gets away every time. The evidence is overwhelming since forever, and yet he´s still not convicted. It´s disgusting. Just my feelings; i am not from middle age. ;)

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
there are usually some stupid polls on here, but this one takes the cake.
Lance is/was a professional cyclist, right? when he signed his first contract that paid him money, that is when all of you should have 'seen the light' hallelujah!

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
25 July 2010

It's not the moment I realised he doped but it's the moment I realised what sort of person he was and that started me on the trail of researching his doping past.

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Always had suspicions since winning the worlds, but the cortisone tue clinched it. Then every other incident along with the way he behaved towards his peers painted the true picture of what a pathetic, pathological liar he is who will destroy anyone in his way. Methinks, however, that based on his latest motion documents he is in a total panic and starting to come apart.

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Race Radio said:
1989 when he showed to to a race looking like a bull

+1
Too few people understand that this whole cherade began back then. The next few years, with Montgomery/ Avenir morphing into Subaru/ Montgomery and Weasels dreams starting to put themselves in motion, was the beginning of this whole train wreck.

For me it wasn't Sestriéres. It was the time trial before Sestrierés, when he caught and passed Abraham Olano, who at the time was one of the best time trialists in the world.

The jaunt up to Sestrierés a day or two after was just confirmation.

As for the cortico-steroid positive during that Tour, I wasn't knowledgeable enough to understand how something like that could have been manipulated in his favor, but I know now.

Well Festina blew open the reality of cycling for me so thereafter I was always open-minded to the idea of any rider doping.

Despite finding Armstrongs transformation in 99 amazing, I did foolishly give him a pass but the link with Ferrari in 01 made it more realistic and the Simeoni incident sealed the deal as to what kind of character he truly was, it was a gradual progression but I would say 2001.

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
2001/Ferrari. Later reading on cyclingforums.

I remember watching his victory in Oslo i 93 (on TV). I was so disappointed that Big Mig didn`t win. Little did I then know that Lance would follow in Mig`s footsteps, in more than one way...

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
I've never had any more or less assumptions about Armstrong use of PEDs than I've had with any other Euro pro cyclist, or any other big time pro athlete which is to say I've never assumed they were doing what they do on good clean living, Moms home cooking, lot's of sleep, and hard work alone.

I also feel that given the prevalence of PED use in the peloton, I don't think the standings from Armstrong's era would look a whole lot different if everyone was 100% clean.

TRENDING THREADS