• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

When do you think SKY will get caught?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

When will SKY get caught?

• Never, because they are clean.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 19, 2011
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
The doping cycle ended 4 or more weeks ago. They are effectively 'clean' for the road race. My estimation is the effects of whatever they are on will last through the Olympics. Storybook ending is Wiggo/Froome leadout for Cav.

The wild card is the USADA named and shamed a couple dealers. Whatever doping going on may not be done well without the USADA-named dealers. We've already seen this with Frank.

When World's-time comes around, Sky's TdF squad is nowhere NEAR the sharp end of the road race. All that power ouput evaporated....

It will be interesting to see the world's result to contest your theory.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Actually maybe never. If the UCI and ASO are hanging their 'clean' credibility on Wiggins' win (made statements to that effect) then they just can't be caught, they better be really sure. IDK how they could have done it witout dope though.

pedaling squares said:
When Froome wins the Giro, pops positive for synthetic testosterone, watches the title get handed to an equally dirty runner-up, loses everything trying to fight a suspension, asks Wiggins to get his new domestic team invited to the Tour of Britain, gets snubbed by Sir Bradley, watches his woman leave him to join Yoko Wiggo as Tour de France tandem tweet commentators, and decides to tell the world what really happened on the bus when the mood lights were set to blood red.

This won't be far from the end story. It always ends this way.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
so far 85% voters think SKY is guilty of charge, and 25% think they will get caught in about a year, and 25% think they will never get caught.

It will be really interesting to revisit this thread a year later to see how things
develop.

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
pedaling squares said:
When Froome wins the Giro, pops positive for synthetic testosterone, watches the title get handed to an equally dirty runner-up, loses everything trying to fight a suspension, asks Wiggins to get his new domestic team invited to the Tour of Britain, gets snubbed by Sir Bradley, watches his woman leave him to join Yoko Wiggo as Tour de France tandem tweet commentators, and decides to tell the world what really happened on the bus when the mood lights were set to blood red.

You just forgot to mention that Wiggins came back from retirement after watching Nicholas Roche winning the Tour :D

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Impossible to say, which is an option left out of the poll. They may never be caught. But at one time most people would have said that about USPS, too.

As soon as it's in the interest of UCI or ASO for Sky to be caught, they'll be caught. As soon as it's in the interest of the government of France for Sky to be caught, they'll be caught. As soon as it's in the interest of the IOC for Sky to be caught, they'll be caught. The list goes on for awhile. So while they might get away indefinitely, chances are they won't.

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Would have been nice to an "a long time" option. I'm not sure that Sky will ever get busted, but if they do I think it will be after all the dust has settled. Cavendish or Eisel to tell all perhaps, or maybe Froome if he gets shafted again.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
After their very suspicious Tour performance the probability of a Sky double in the Olympic RR/TT is sadly very high. When will the bookmakers start to be concerned about Sky and ask questions?

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Only one half of that double is particularly suspicious. Cavendish has been the top sprinter in the world since 2008, and is regarded by many as the best sprinter ever. Seeing him take a win on a horrifically flat course would not really add to my overall suspicion - he would simply be performing as he has shown he can do since 2008.

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Caruut said:
Would have been nice to an "a long time" option. I'm not sure that Sky will ever get busted, but if they do I think it will be after all the dust has settled. Cavendish or Eisel to tell all perhaps, or maybe Froome if he gets shafted again.

+1. I am slightly inclined to believe them, and take their words at face value. Check out Millar's blog about the win: robert-millar/the-tour-in-hd It makes sense. If they did it clean, this is what it would take - and it is right up the alley of what we have been learning about training and team tactics over the past 25 years or so.

Caruut said:
Only one half of that double is particularly suspicious. Cavendish has been the top sprinter in the world since 2008, and is regarded by many as the best sprinter ever. Seeing him take a win on a horrifically flat course would not really add to my overall suspicion - he would simply be performing as he has shown he can do since 2008.

Box Hill is what I hear will stop Cav (if I read correctly, I really don't care that much, but it should be fun to watch.)

I did not respond to the survey, as I can not pick one answer. I want to believe Sky and Wiggins did it clean. But, it is very hard to do. So, I reserver judgement, and still try and enjoy the race.

Caruut said:

Cav wouldn't be able to win without his two Sky buddies.

images

Ideally in the full global spotlight of the 2012 Olympiad.

Ben Johnson Style.

Vacated and Shamed.

But that might be pretty embarrassing for the Queen, so unlikely.

Bought and paid for.

Sir Sky.

ianfra

BANNED
Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Gloin22 said:
Another thread about Sky ? This can easily be discussed in Sky doping thread.

And for fact - I don't think they will be caught at all ;)

Another rude and disgusting assumption. Sky will not get caught because they have done nothing illegal. This type of poll only serves to feed peep's obsessions; and off course the people who use the clinic are not a representative sample - they tend to be people who know better than Sky themselves, people who have a monopoly on truth and so on. Sky do not dope. Nor does British Cycling. Full stop.

ianfra

BANNED
Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
FabulousCandelabra said:
Paddy McQ has an account in the Caymans, he's stuffing it with greenbacks, and selling out races left and right.
I'm not a Fan of the said Paddy but I'd like to hear the evidence about the bank account in the Cayman. Or is this another fantasy posted as fact???????
Talking about the Paddy: I wrote to him a number of times about corruption here in Thailand. He ignored me but came to Thailand to receive an honour from the King arranged by the Thai Cycling Association.

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Normandy said:
After their very suspicious Tour performance the probability of a Sky double in the Olympic RR/TT is sadly very high. When will the bookmakers start to be concerned about Sky and ask questions?

The road race is fair game, but if they also get the TT it will be disgusting. If we see Wiggins putting minutes into the others after a very "exhausting" Tour, I think everyone should realize what is going on.

The thing is, it seems Sky don't even want to give the others a bit of hope, even just to stop fueling the doping suspicions. They could have let Nibali take 20-30 seconds somewhere in the mountains - it would have made no difference for the GC (with the way Froome did the TTs his 2nd place was not in danger). But no, they want it all, even if it looks ridiculous. That's why they will probably get the double at the Olympics...

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Cancellator said:
The road race is fair game, but if they also get the TT it will be disgusting. If we see Wiggins putting minutes into the others after a very "exhausting" Tour, I think everyone should realize what is going on.

The thing is, it seems Sky don't even want to give the others a bit of hope, even just to stop fueling the doping suspicions. They could have let Nibali take 20-30 seconds somewhere in the mountains - it would have made no difference for the GC (with the way Froome did the TTs his 2nd place was not in danger). But no, they want it all, even if it looks ridiculous. That's why they will probably get the double at the Olympics...

No logic here at all!

If they are clean they have no need to 'give the others a bit of hope'. If they are dirty they should be hung from the highest branch.

Similarly if they are clean both the RR and the TT are 'fair game' and if they are dirty neither are.

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Svetty said:
No logic here at all!

If they are clean they have no need to 'give the others a bit of hope'. If they are dirty they should be hung from the highest branch.

Similarly if they are clean both the RR and the TT are 'fair game' and if they are dirty neither are.

Well, I meant they should 'give others a bit of hope' if they are dirty, of course. Not because it would be the right thing to do - not doping is the right thing. It's just that they don't seem to care how obvious they are making themselves look anymore, which kind of killed the Tour GC.

The RR is 'fair game' because I actually think Cavendish is the best sprinter in the peloton, which he has proved pretty consistently in the last few years. So, regardless of how doped the Sky GC support squad is, Cav is still the logical winner in a bunch sprint.

Of course, you can argue that the power of someone like Wiggins will keep the field under control, but on such an easy course, the bunch sprint is almost inevitable anyway.

Winning the TT however is just taking the **** out of the other competitors and the public. There is simply NO clean explanation for that, after racing at the highest (and I mean the highest!) level in the Tour and the 1 week races...

tldr: For me, winning the RR would not prove they dope, but winning the TT will, that's why the first is "fair game".

The competition is a Martin who's been injured all year, a Fab who's just had a kid and hasn't done a decent long TT in 2 years, a Chavanel who's just done the Tour also, an Evans and TJVG who have both just done the Tour and ?????

Why are they used as the baseline against which to judge whether somebody has doped or not?

Gloin22 said:
Another thread about Sky ? This can easily be discussed in Sky doping thread.

And for fact - I don't think they will be caught at all ;)

I agree. The British are different from the Americans. Although the PC lobby is strong it is not as powerful as the American equivalent. In the USA, Postal together with Armstrong are being offered as a sacrifice to appease ethnic tensions amongst the dopers and their accusers. It’s a case of “let’s give 'em one of our poster boys” by white journalists and the legal system. Cycling is no big deal in the USA outside of the TDF and, bored with the latter, LA is now deemed dispensable.

Even if BW is caught nothing will come of it. ***. “Bloody Johnny Foreigners who are they to tell us etc …” has worked before and will work again.

Ultimately, it depends who does the catching? We know BW has the backing of one major newspaper on the old left plus News International and their agents on the right and in government. His position with one win is potentially stronger than LA’s with seven in the face of exposure. I predict Sir Bradley will be dancing with the stars on big brother up the jungle within five years.

TRENDING THREADS