• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

When is the smackdown on Chris Horner?

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Can't wait to see Froome and Horner ride away from everyone at next year's Tour, then crash into each other because they're too busy SRM-watching.

Parrulo said:
Antoine VAYER ‏@festinaboy 54s

Radar Hazallinas : Horner 23mn24s, 7,4 km à 9,49%,18,97 km/h ! 6,34 w/kg. Miraculous ! Like Froome, like Braislford said : "exceptional"

What does this translate into an hour effort?

I just vomited a little bit in my mouth. But ok because I swallowed it.

The fact the he is 41 troubles me but he has been out injured sitting at home most of the year.

Cookson needs to get this passport business in control. Friggin' joke right there now, today.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Why is everyone shocked. Chris has been injured for most of the year and therefore hasn't raced alot. Nibs, Valverde etc have all raced alot this year so it makes perfect sense that Horner will be fresher and stronger than them. What we're seeing here is good old fashioned hatred of America!

I;m joking Horner is as dirty as the rest of them

BYOP88 said:
Why is everyone shocked. Chris has been injured for most of the year and therefore hasn't raced alot. Nibs, Valverde etc have all raced alot this year so it makes perfect sense that Horner will be fresher and stronger than them. What we're seeing here is good old fashioned hatred of America!

I;m joking Horner is as dirty as the rest of them

Sad times when you have to say your are joking.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
LOL.... Horner at 41 is going to win Vuelta. It can´t get worse than this. Not even if Froome would win the TdF by 20 mins next year.
I hope that Horner will be caught finally. It´s beyond absurd. It´s like Bonds and Clemens topping their own game in the 40s to abnormal standards...

Puke :mad:

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
LOL.... Horner at 41 is going to win Vuelta. It can´t get worse than this. Not even if Froome would win the TdF by 20 mins next year.
I hope that Horner will be caught finally. It´s beyond absurd. It´s like Bonds and Clemens topping their own game in the 40s to abnormal standards...

Puke :mad:

Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VqVtBcdK3M&sns=em

Riding away from Nibili and Valverde :eek:

Full genius mode.

They need to get Ricco back. He wouldn't stand for this.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VqVtBcdK3M&sns=em

Riding away from Nibili and Valverde :eek:

Full genius mode.

Have seen it live today... Nibali gave it all when the gap was 48 seconds. Him, a guy in his best shape, age, and season gained nothing back on a 41 year old Armstrong copy. Could still vomit if my stomach wasn´t empty by now. :mad:

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Have seen it live today... Nibali gave it all when the gap was 48 seconds. Him, a guy in his best shape, age, and season gained nothing back on a 41 year old Armstrong copy. Could still vomit if my stomach wasn´t empty by now. :mad:

Noted.

Speaking of vomit. I think you need to watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKqGXeX9LhQ&sns=em

Cameras caught Ricco after watching today's stage.

I believe he makes his thoughts clear.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Can´t watch the vid in our country of freedom (germany)... ok, that´s another case...

What did Ricco say? People here sometimes put his tweets in here, but they forget not many speak italian... Anyway, it´s clear what he thinks. I guess he is mad that some guys are the scapegoats and the real a$$holes like Horner and LA continue their $hit untouched for years.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:

says the guy that thinks Froome is clean :rolleyes:

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Can´t watch the vid in our country of freedom (germany)... ok, that´s another case...

What did Ricco say? People here sometimes put his tweets in here, but they forget not many speak italian... Anyway, it´s clear what he thinks. I guess he is mad that some guys are the scapegoats and the real a$$holes like Horner and LA continue their $hit untouched for years.

Ok this might work without restriction... here.

Ricco is Lee Harvey Oswald. It's terrible what happened to him. But his photos from twitter he looks super fit and in good form.

Rocking the Fondo scene.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
the sceptic said:
says the guy that thinks Froome is clean :rolleyes:

blabla... in circles. Repeat: I never said i think Froome is clean. Always said "I don´t know".
Anyway, you see the difference between a 41-yr first time GT winner and a 26-yr old? :eek:

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
Ok this might work without restriction... here.

Ricco is Lee Harvey Oswald. It's terrible what happened to him. But his photos from twitter he looks super fit and in good form.

Rocking the Fondo scene.

Yeah it works. LMAO. That way it looks when i puke when i see Horner in front...

FoxxyBrown1111 said:

Ricco is saying if Horner can win at 42 then he has the possibility to comeback and win again.

All sarcasm and irony of course.

in W/kg terms

(standardized to a Froome size rider)

Horner comes in at 6.2 W/kg (6.2 - 6.3 for full draft - no draft conditions)

Nibali at 6.0 W/kg (6.0 - 6.0)

and

Valverde, Basso, Rodriguez all at 5.9 W/kg (5.9 - 6.0)

Wonder what JV thinks of the 5.9 being smashed apart by a 42 year old guy who's been out injured all year.

Haven't seen that since Lance did his collarbone in 2009 :rolleyes:

zlev11 said:
i wonder why all the Froome defenders aren't here also defending Horner in this new clean age of pro cycling

Laughing our socks off. Makes a change for someone else to be in the spotlight.

Best comments?

thehog said:
Maybe Sky will sign him? Have him lead Froome with a tailwind up Ventoux in 2014?

will10 said:
Can't wait to see Froome and Horner ride away from everyone at next year's Tour, then crash into each other because they're too busy SRM-watching.

thehog said:

They said on the TV tonight that he only came back from injury a month ago. That's a pretty steep re-training programme to get into this sort of form. For me, it's the age and riding away from some of the best climbers of the era which makes this questionable.