• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Where are the other anti doping bodies?

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Where are the other anti doping bodies in the USADA case whose nationalities are at of the USPS doping conspiracy?

Where is the Belgian cycling federation and its anti-doping authourity? Why have they not been asked to comment? Are they as corrupt as Bruyneel?

We know the Spainish enable doping so they are not worth discussion.

What have the Italians done? Ferarri is already banned so have they shrugged in that typical Italian " che voi da noi?" we already banned him!

What other Federations are involved if any?

Biggest doping scandal since Festina and not a peep from federations or am i wrong and have missed their press releases?

Benotti69 said:
Where are the other anti doping bodies in the USADA case whose nationalities are at of the USPS doping conspiracy?

Where is the Belgian cycling federation and its anti-doping authourity? Why have they not been asked to comment? Are they as corrupt as Bruyneel?

We know the Spainish enable doping so they are not worth discussion.

What have the Italians done? Ferarri is already banned so have they shrugged in that typical Italian " che voi da noi?" we already banned him!

What other Federations are involved if any?

Biggest doping scandal since Festina and not a peep from federations or am i wrong and have missed their press releases?

They will probably help if asked by USADA. They might have been helping USADA already. Likely they are waiting to see if this case brings up something for them to pursue.

Having X number NADAs investigating different issues of the same case seems to be a waste of resources, could lead to one inadvertently ruining the others case, and could also lead to leaks.

There are many good reasons for USADA to handle this alone.

I don't see a point in any press releases. If they did something, it's better to not talk about it until necessary.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
ToreBear said:
They will probably help if asked by USADA. They might have been helping USADA already. Likely they are waiting to see if this case brings up something for them to pursue.

Having X number NADAs investigating different issues of the same case seems to be a waste of resources, could lead to one inadvertently ruining the others case, and could also lead to leaks.

There are many good reasons for USADA to handle this alone.

I don't see a point in any press releases. If they did something, it's better to not talk about it until necessary.

Spanish RFEC could by now have issued a press release to acknowledge USADA's decision to ban Marti and Del Moral as well as their jurisdiction to ban Celaya after arbitration. Would have been a logical press release, but I have seen none.

Similarly, if USADA were cooperating with e.g. the Belgians, I would perhaps have expected the Belgians to publicly confirm USADA's jurisdiction over Bruyneel in a press release. Would at least have been a great support in USADA's jurisdiction case, and WADA did issue such a press release, so I'm at least mildly disappointed that none of the other bodies have.

sniper said:
Spanish RFEC could by now have issued a press release to acknowledge USADA's decision to ban Marti and Del Moral as well as their jurisdiction to ban Celaya after arbitration. Would have been a logical press release, but I have seen none.

Similarly, if USADA were cooperating with e.g. the Belgians, I would perhaps have expected the Belgians to publicly confirm USADA's jurisdiction over Bruyneel in a press release. Would at least have been a great support in USADA's jurisdiction case, and WADA did issue such a press release, so I'm at least mildly disappointed that none of the other bodies have.

Well the Spanish are a bit "special". With the contador case in mind and the spanish PM backing him, perhaps they are a bit short of money? Perhaps they are carrying out seperate investigations? Or they are just slow.

As for the Belgians, Bruyneel has agreed to go to arbitration, so they don't need to say anything.

USADA has support from WADA, that should be all the support they need. If all the NADAs start issuing press releases supporting USADA, which one assumes they already do, it would look silly. Perfect fother for concpiracy theories.

I don't see any jurisdiction issues. I see Pat having a nervous breakdown, writing self incriminating letters on behalf of the UCI.

USADA is doing fine.

TRENDING THREADS