• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Where is Basso?

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Basso is not yet at top form due to not riding a GT for 3 years. As such he planned his season around the Giro and Vuelta. He did the Giro, and he'll try to win the Vuelta this year, then he hopes those efforts will have him return to top form to ride the Tour next year.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Wolfpengap said:
Why isn't Basso riding the Tour? I cant remember ever seeing a reason for this, and I seemed to think he was going to be riding.

Basso is in Italy having bits of podium's fall on him. His priority - and his teams -was to ride and win the Giro.
He never had any intention of riding the Tour but he will be back at the Vuelta.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Its sad, it'd be fun to watch him race Lance. All twitter'rs are boring. Cant stand the social networking. People are so reserved with their real names on the handle.

Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
stephens said:
And you decided that based on what he posts in a foreign language (to him) on twitter?

He could always write in Italian. It'd be a lot better than an endless series of "dinar with family. Happy" posts. There's no rule that you have to write in English in twitter - indeed, there are a number of Dutch and other pros that I follow on Bikechatter who write often in their native languages, despite being able to write just fine in English. As a consequence, I added Google's translation API to attempt to get an idea of what's being said...