• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Whispers

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
flicker said:
As a fully mature adult and not a criminal I would understand your logic. My guess these athletes we are speaking of most likely began cheating at a young immature age, coached and mentored by ex-cheaters. Really they never had a chance to be honest. Simply pathetic in my opinion.

Unfortunately, the only thing that seems to work in regards to reforming such individuals is a completely humbling experience. Sometimes you have to look at their "whole selves" rather than their cycling careers. Many of these people need to lose their cycling careers in order to save their lives from further harm.

BTW, I agree with you that many of these young riders were mentored into cheating. This is why I am such a big believer in comprehensive investigations that name all of the names and identify all of the enablers and motivators. Once an impressionable young rider gets sucked into this kind of dysfunction, it's hard to have clear perspective.

auscyclefan94 said:
When does this Sports Illustrated article come out?

It's not in this week's edition.

There's no mention of it from the little I was able to see of the issue that's posted online (front cover, some of the table of contents). So who knows... :(

The least someone can do, whomever has the inside scoop on this, is to let us know the general gist of the article.

Is it the rehashing of old allegations? More about Tailwind Sports? Novitzky with a horses' head under his sheets?

C'mon already and tell us something!!!

My feeling is if the article was pushed back a week it's because it's going to get watered down and neutered. That's my feeling about it.

So maybe people are getting excited over nothing.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Berzin said:

There's no mention of it from the little I was able to see of the issue that's posted online
(front cover, some of the table of contents). So who knows... :(

The least someone can do, whomever has the inside scoop on this, is to let us know the general gist of the article.

Is it the rehashing of old allegations? More about Tailwind Sports? Novitzky with a horses' head under his sheets?

C'mon already and tell us something!!!

My feeling is if the article was pushed back a week it's because it's going to get watered down and neutered. That's my feeling about it.

I answered some of your questions earlier in the thread in reply to others.......

thehog said:
Nope it's still on. Not sure in what capacity but before Christmas. I guess in 72 hours we'll know. There's two competing articles. No one is going to let the holiday sales get hit.

Dr. Maserati said:
It has been pushed back a week......

Roland Rat said:
Exactly the same as the first WSJ article. It gets leaked, we get excited, Armstrong's lawyers get on the case, it gets delayed and watered down.

Dr. Maserati said:
......no, thankfully all is good.

I will add that, while I have heard snippets I do not know the content.
I have stopped asking over the years as the finished article can often be quite different from what was planned for a variety of reasons like legal, timing, editorial etc

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
Thoughtforfood said:
September 5th 2009...
It's deja vu all over again?
bosshog5th.jpg

Berzin said:

Mike Wallace: [after watching a preview of the "60 Minutes" Wigand interview that has been edited] Where's the rest? Where the hell's the rest?
[we see Lowell turning to see Mike shouting at the monitors in disbelief]

Mike Wallace: [to Eric Kluster] You cut it! You cut the guts out of what I SAID!

Eric Kluster: It was a time consideration, Mike.

Mike Wallace: Time? Bull****! You corporate lackey! Who told you your incompetent little fingers had the requisite skills to edit me! I'm trying to band-aid a situation, here, and you're too dim to...
[Mike is suddenly interrupted by Helen Caperelli, who walks up to Wallace and Kluster]

Helen Caperelli: Mike... Mike... Mike...

Mike Wallace: [to Helen Caperelli] Mike?
[there is a long pause]

Mike Wallace: Mike? Try Mr. Wallace. We work in the same corporation doesn't mean we work in the same profession. What are you gonna do now? You gonna finesse me? Lawyer me some more? I've been in this profession FIFTY ****ING YEARS! You and the people you work for are destroying the most-respected, the highest-rated, the most-profitable show on this network!

~The Insider

A

Anonymous

So where the hell is it. Im bored of waiting.

apparently its written by Selena Roberts who dished the dirt on a-rod.