• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who else was tested on Team Astana?

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Contador said that after eating the steak, which he says was the source of the contamination, he was the only team member tested. This reminded me of something I wondered about all through the tour. How much testing was done on the rest of Team Astana--Navarro, Hernandez, and Vino in particular? Astana was extraordinarily, and I would say surprisingly, exceptional.

As I understand it, Contador's version of events is that the whole team ate the suspect meat except for Vino, who ate back in the hotel. Contador and Vino were the only two tested on the days in question.

If this is accurate, then it would be yet another piece of very unusual bad luck for Contador.

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Zinoviev Letter said:
As I understand it, Contador's version of events is that the whole team ate the suspect meat except for Vino, who ate back in the hotel. Contador and Vino were the only two tested on the days in question.

If this is accurate, then it would be yet another piece of very unusual bad luck for Contador.

Vino did not eat the meat? Doesn't that tell you something? He probably had a strong hunch AC was not signing for Astana...I say no more

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Don't you get the sense that this is a very rehearsed, choreographed lie?:

1. Pepe called Jaime, said "do you want me to bring anything from Spain?"
2. Jaime said yeah, bring some good meat, man
3. Pepe started grilling da meat, but Vino was more in mood for pizza
4. Vino hit Papa gino's, got the #7 combo w/ side of cheesy bread
5. Berto ate up the delicious steak
6. Vino was positive, but only for the caffeine in the Big Gulp he bought at 7-11
7. Outside the team hotel, Tyler's chimera was spotted playing w/ VDB's dog
8. For dessert, everyone enjoyed the cocaine candies sent by Simoni's grandma

It's ree-don-ku-lous.

NashbarShorts said:
Don't you get the sense that this is a very rehearsed, choreographed lie?:

1. Pepe called Jaime, said "do you want me to bring anything from Spain?"
2. Jaime said yeah, bring some good meat, man
3. Pepe started grilling da meat, but Vino was more in mood for pizza
4. Vino hit Papa gino's, got the #7 combo w/ side of cheesy bread
5. Berto ate up the delicious steak
6. Vino was positive, but only for the caffeine in the Big Gulp he bought at 7-11
7. Outside the team hotel, Tyler's chimera was spotted playing w/ VDB's dog
8. For dessert, everyone enjoyed the cocaine candies sent by Simoni's grandma

It's ree-don-ku-lous.

You forgot the part where Rumsas' grandmother takes Piti and Birillo for a walk.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
lilyprotector said:
Contador said that after eating the steak, which he says was the source of the contamination, he was the only team member tested. This reminded me of something I wondered about all through the tour. How much testing was done on the rest of Team Astana--Navarro, Hernandez, and Vino in particular? Astana was extraordinarily, and I would say surprisingly, exceptional.

Maybe Contador ate one of Vino's kidneys.