• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who finishes last in the Team Competition?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who comes in last in the most important classification?

• Someone else

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Surprised so many people voted Footon. They don't have anyone really capable of winning a stage, but they have no team leaders or sprinter, so no reason to sit up in the mountains or waste energy on the flats. And most of them are just average climbers (which is a good thing for this debate). Unless Cunego finishes high up, my pick will be Lampre.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
This is something I've always asked myself:

How is the team competition exactly calculated?

As long as every team still has all their riders it's no problem, but then when teams lose riders they go way back in the ranking. Which is of course only fair, but how is it calculated?

Otherwise Footon's 2 guys who'll actually get to see the Champs Elysées would win hands down.

Sasquatch said:
Lloyd actually has said that he is going to go for the KOM. If he wants to go for it, he needs to be in the break in stage two and seven to get some early points. Otherwise he'll be on the back foot.

Still think Footon will finish last. Though Lampre or even Quick-Step could do it.

Lloyd will need to be in the break in practically every stage if he's going to win it. I don't think he has a chance unless nobody else targets it at all. Not with the double points for final climbs. The only chance he has of getting those is Aubisque.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
hrotha said:
They add up the times of the 3 first guys from each team in every stage.

Oh wow I didn't know that, I thought they added everyone's time together. So the times of the last 5 guys don't matter?