• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who finishes last in the Team Competition?

Who comes in last in the most important classification?

• Someone else

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Columbia. They'll spend 9 stages at least with the sprint train, and will miss putting people in most of the key breaks because of the sprint, plus apart from Rogers and Martin the entire team will be sacrificed to drag Cav up mountainsides.

hmmm think you are abit off, only renshaw will stay with him,monfort will be strong,look at last year monfort was top 30...so just a guess rogers 10th martin 15th an monfort 30ish :D

i voted for TEAM MILRAM,

Libertine Seguros said:
Columbia. They'll spend 9 stages at least with the sprint train, and will miss putting people in most of the key breaks because of the sprint, plus apart from Rogers and Martin the entire team will be sacrificed to drag Cav up mountainsides.

Have to agree with mowie. Monfort and Rogers will finish high enough in the mtn stages to keep them out of last.

I think it might come down to a team that has only one middling gc guy and that guy has a bad race. Milram, QS, Lotto, Lampre...if Vande Velde is on bad form, it could certainly be Garmin again as they'll be focusing on the green jersey.

Doubt it will be a French team as they will likely go in breaks. Surprised the voting has been overwhelmingly for Footon as they've got some halfway decent climbers and no sprinter. I guess it's their lack of name riders. They did manage to beat 4 teams at the Giro.

A

Anonymous

Libertine Seguros said:

Sky for similar reasons, will be dragging brad up mountains

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
blaxland said:
Thats because he is Australian'tongue in cheek....
He will be extremely busy dragging J.Van Breakaway around france,but hopefully can ride a good tour..

he is going for K.O.M that is his aim this tour..an if the team leader is in the top 10 or so he will pull back an look after him...so you should see alot of matty :)

mowie133 said:
he is going for K.O.M that is his aim this tour..an if the team leader is in the top 10 or so he will pull back an look after him...so you should see alot of matty :)

Would be great to see him win both Kom awards at both the Giro and Tdf.....But i would be extremely surprised if Van Breakaway makes the top 15 again..

Also, the KOM at the Tour is much harder to take without being the first over the cat.1 and HC climbs he struggled on in Italy. With the Giro's KOM only giving points to the first 3-4-5 over climbs, Lloyd was able to pick up the KOM by getting mostly the 3s and 5s for 2nd and 3rd category climbs; with the occasional 10 for a 1st. With the double points for final climbs of cat.2 or above at the Tour, and with the points system meaning that there's not such a percentage bias in favour of the first rider over the top (in the Giro, the 2nd rider over a pass only gets 60% the points of the 1st rider), I would say it will be nearly impossible for Lloyd to double up.

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
agree - every HC finish where you come nowhere means 2 or 3 days of trying to mop up cat 3s and 4s.
recently the way to win the TdF KOM has been to target day-long breaks on the hardest mountain stages

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
footon-servetto won't come last. for a start they are likely to get in breaks that get away at some point.
as mentioned above it is far more likely to go to a sprint train that can't climb, or maybe a GC team that gets decapitated by illness/injury/form and ends up riding aimlessly.

May 3, 2010
www.ror-zone.com
well my money is going on Katushka.. they have no real focus in the tour now, other than karpets who i expect to get dropped at the first sign of a hill, so i'll imagine them definatly in the bottom 5 of the team classification and likely last.

Straßenrennen said:
well my money is going on Katushka.. they have no real focus in the tour now, other than karpets who i expect to get dropped at the first sign of a hill, so i'll imagine them definatly in the bottom 5 of the team classification and likely last.

Has anybody told Jaochim Rodriguez he's going to get dropped on every hill?:eek:

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Lloyd actually has said that he is going to go for the KOM. If he wants to go for it, he needs to be in the break in stage two and seven to get some early points. Otherwise he'll be on the back foot.

Still think Footon will finish last. Though Lampre or even Quick-Step could do it.

TRENDING THREADS