• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

who has never won...

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Which one 2007 against Contador or 2008 against Sastre?

So close so many times, and then theres misfortune at the Vuelta, and not having a team at the Giro (+ having all those evil Italians working together:mad:)

But he aint seen nothing yet.

In 2011 Evans will have 30 seconds to make up on Andy Schleck in the final tt. As Andy Schleck crosses the line 45 seconds down, Cadel and his team celebrate FINALLY winning the big one. There are huge celebrations in Australia, which at one point threaten to spill out of ACFs house.

Then Cadel is informed that the 3rd place Samuel Sanchez, gained 2 minutes on both of them :eek:

:p

More like Denis 'The Pope' Mensjov

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Life's to important to be taken seriously

Doping sucks

Dude - firstly it's "too" (not "to"). Secondly, if it isn't serious then doping doesn't suck.

Currently, I'd agree on Cadel or Klodi.

In recent history, I'll go with Robert Millar. The 1985 Vuelta should have been his. Another pick is Charly Mottet. Hennie Kuiper came close but never pulled it off. Despite the clouds around them, Claudio Ciapucci and Richard Virenque come to mind as well.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
No offence to Cadel, but he doesn't deserve to win the Tour because of 2007 or 2008. In both cases he was beaten fairly. If you can't beat a 24 year old on his second try at the Tour then you don't deserve to win it imo. He however does deserve to win a couple of Vuelta's that he might have won without bad luck.

I didn't watch the Giro this year, so can't give my opinion on Cadel in that one. But from what I've seen on youtube Basso was stronger.