• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who is/are your favorite user(s) on this forum?

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Alright, second try. I apparently can't do any negative elections. Therefore I'll try with a (slightly *** edited by mod *** and less attractive) positive election.

In this thread everyone can cast their vote(s) on who is/are your favorite user(s) on this forum.

I hope some more elections will get started in the future and I hope some of them might live longer than the first one I started.

GO!

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
hrotha and the hitch. also boss hog... where has he been?

(added later): sometimes i hit the button too quick. i forgot race radio and dr maserati. there's a bunch of people whose posts i enjoy reading. believe it or not, sometimes i even enjoy reading flicker's posts.

Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
pedaling squares said:
He's probably debriefing some high-level sources.

Now there, play nice. Totally inappropriate to make stuff up.

Oh, sorry, forgot who we were discussing. Carry on, make stuff up as needed.

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
pedaling squares said:
Ok, I'll let this one live because surely nobody will take this one sidways.:rolleyes:

But I'm moving it to the 'about the forum' section.

Didn't even notice this one got your blessing. The mods are getting soft around here. :) And only a little bit of censorship in my opening post. Awesome.

I personally like most posts of:

-Lanark
-theyoungest

I like the mascot-like behavior of:

-ACF

I probably forgot some.

Edit: Like Timmy-loves-rabo for example. Nice fellow.

A

Anonymous

Raceradio for some of the info he posts, along with Dr Maserati.

JV For having the balls to come on here when its probably a bad idea.

Betsy A for still sticking by her convictions and coming here and posting them

TFF, because I love his atittude and his way of getting his point across.

notable mention to ACF who still manages to stay as sane as he can despite the grief he gets from everyone.

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
Raceradio for some of the info he posts, along with Dr Maserati.

JV For having the balls to come on here when its probably a bad idea.

Betsy A for still sticking by her convictions and coming here and posting them

TFF, because I love his atittude and his way of getting his point across.

notable mention to ACF who still manages to stay as sane as he can despite the grief he gets from everyone.

Jonathan Vaughters posts on this forum :eek: ?

Michielveedeebee said:
Jonathan Vaughters posts on this forum :eek: ?

Well he came on for a few rounds with the heavyweights on here but unsurprisingly didnt stay.

Marco Pinotti has also posted on here once I think to thank the people(including myself) who stood cheering on St.Patricks Hill in the ****ing rain on the last day of the Tour of Ireland in 09.

There is such a big list to choose from. But I think its best to present the results like a race. Its a pretty big group though im choosing mainly people who post here a lot, even if some of the best stuff comes from people who post very rarely and just read.

Ill just name the podium though.

3 the youngest getting a rare medal for the dutch- his posts are usually short and only posts in one forum, so he got a bit tired by the different obstacles in the course, especially the longer climbs.

2 Ferminal a familiar silver for Australia- hes Ozzie so i messed with his chain beforehand. Hes an all rounder though - posts in every forum and on every subject + he agrees with me on 95 % of stuff so managed to compete despite the sabotage.

1 Hrotha with the usual in cycling top step for a Spaniard- Valverde all rounder type stuff. His short posts (sprint) are amazing but his longer posts are even better, and intelligence allowed some very good tactics as well (Valverde example is used deliberately as i know hrotha hates Piti).

Special thanks to Dim for allowing us to watch the finishing 5k online at Team Sky fans

Peddaling squares and Francois the postman were the big favorites but both tested positive (became mods and started posting far far less frequently)
When they do post, still the best in the business but I said im only really choosing from those who post really frequently.

"Im The Hitch and thats how the race was won" (for those familar with cyclocosm race reviews).

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Of the regulars,

Libertine Seguros, Francois the Postman (even tho he's a mod) and Publicus. Don't necessarily agree with them always but they are good quality posters.

ACF, I need to say, I liked you a lot more when you still had an avatar, you're just not as recognizable like this

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
JPM London said:
Hey, just done some sneaking.

Apparently no less than 112 of your posts are in the clinic - you're as dirty as the rest of us, and no, the "I didn't inhale" defence doesn't work here.

:)

correction: I frequented the clinic in the beginning, I no longer roam there :p + I wasn't aware of it that JV1973= Jonathan Vaughters. On topic, The Hitch is a pretty cool poster

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Michielveedeebee said:
correction: I frequented the clinic in the beginning, I no longer roam there :p + I wasn't aware of it that JV1973= Jonathan Vaughters. On topic, The Hitch is a pretty cool poster

Yes, he is so cool.

But perhaps people should stop telling him that he looks (is) cool, because that changes his behavior and makes him uncool and even more arrogant at some point.
Right now he is even too cool to answer me or react somehow most of the time.
But I can of course understand that. That wouldn't be good for his cool reputation if he would interact with me - he is even so cool not to damage his reputation by talking to some ordinary people, some uncool and simple individuals.
Them and me just don't deserve that this supercool kid talks to them. I can really understand that. :D :rolleyes:

Ok, ok. Let's stay cool.

My favorite user, with a huge gap to some 2nd placed users, is by far Libertine Seguros. Always with the extra infos, no ordinary posts, just looks like having big knowledge and great passion for cycling. Even for unsignificant details no one really cares about.
Outstanding in this forum when it comes to cycling.

If it's about coolness, fun and uniqueness, I'd always choose crazy TFF and my friend polish.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Polish and Flicker because they get in the mix and are clean. Have to be...the quality of their posts always indicate they haven't used anything like PEDs.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
pedaling squares said:
Ok, I'll let this one live because surely nobody will take this one sidways.:rolleyes:

But I'm moving it to the 'about the forum' section.

so a topic where everyone tells each other how great they are is new?

TRENDING THREADS