• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who is the most passionate Lance fan?

Who deserves the title?

• Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Jackhammer was a classic, but was actually a bit of fun if you didn't resort to personal bantering. TFF just wore him down until he broke in spectacular fashion. But then TFF enjoys doing this to many other posters!:D

I am going to give Robert Merivel his dues - once he gets over his ultra-defensive attitude to the rabid anti-Lance fans, he is actually discusses all things Lance rationally and intelligently.

There are some on the Clinical forum at the moment that should get honourable mentions, such as Gree. But he seems to have disappeared.

A

Anonymous

elapid said:
Jackhammer was a classic, but was actually a bit of fun if you didn't resort to personal bantering. TFF just wore him down until he broke in spectacular fashion. But then TFF enjoys doing this to many other posters!:D

I am going to give Robert Merivel his dues - once he gets over his ultra-defensive attitude to the rabid anti-Lance fans, he is actually discusses all things Lance rationally and intelligently.

There are some on the Clinical forum at the moment that should get honourable mentions, such as Gree. But he seems to have disappeared.

Gonna change my name to "Chinese Water Torture" I have to say, I look at the jackhammer111 trophy every day with pride.

bambi just switched sides over at DP. Eliza B posted the Contador interview, and she posted that she was remorseful for having defended LA. I have corresponded with her by PM there, and she is a really nice person.

The person you missed was ChrisH from DP. Not only is he a tool, but the guy would literally drink Lance's ball sweat through a straw if he got the chance.

A

Anonymous

badboyberty said:
Thought for Food? Doesn't he just post anit-Lance sentiments to give Lance-o-philes a chance to post about all the great things his Lanceness has done...

Well yea, and the problem there is....

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Surely it has to be Matthew......

23h6iio.jpg

Mar 15, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
Since when do intelligence and rationality have anything to do with passion?

Is this really Hugh?
Hugh Jass?

If so, prove it!

if not, lets move on.

As far as passionate Lance fans, I think a lot of the most vitriolic venom against him comes from a closeted inner Lance fanboy screaming to come out...just a thought.

Eva Maria said:
I doubt you will see Swiftsolo here as he does not have his boyfriend Coolhand to protect him.

Awww, Coolhand. What a doucheapotamus. He banned me from RBR when I complained about him banning Realgains.

I would vote for someone like Gree, but it seems that he is actually an employee of Public Strategies so he does not count.

It has to be bobke/Hombre, the chiropractor who online masquerades as a surgeon.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I would have thought 95rpm deserved a spot on the starting lineup. What about CarbonCrank??

It seems Bobby Drivel and BYU have literally disappeared off the face of the earth.

Dennis Norward?? Only seen him on BikeRadar???

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Political Viewpoints

I wonder if there is a correlation between a conservative political viewpoint and a positive view of LA?

If the above is true, are LA haters are generally left of center on the political spectrum? ;)

Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
unsheath said:
I would have thought 95rpm deserved a spot on the starting lineup. What about CarbonCrank??

It seems Bobby Drivel and BYU have literally disappeared off the face of the earth.

Dennis Norward?? Only seen him on BikeRadar???

65rpm and Craboncrank should have got a start, but they don't have the "step on my Lance and I'll cut your head-off" attitude of some of the Lance-for-Pres crowd, and therefore will never podium on the "most passionate" competition.

They're both mature enough that even mangling their log-on names will probably only get me a polite reprimand rather than an invite to go toe-to-toe behind the bikeshed...

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
what about Bagster? Some pretty rabid posts from him on the subject of His Lanceness. On other subjects he appears to be a bit reasonable.

davestoller said:
Is this really Hugh?
Hugh Jass?

If so, prove it!

if not, lets move on.

As far as passionate Lance fans, I think a lot of the most vitriolic venom against him comes from a closeted inner Lance fanboy screaming to come out...just a thought.

No, I think it comes more from being a true bike racing fan who is initially very impressed by the accomplishments, but at the same time is capable of individual thought. At some point, if you don't have your head too far up your own jass, you start to see through some of the show. It doesn't really matter if you think he doped or not( the "proof" that he did also indicts every other top cyclist of the past 10 years, so do you only hate the one who cheated the best?). It has more to do with realising that the great humanitarian is really a mean spirted manipulative SOB. But your own view of him may differ. Who am I to argue with that?

TRENDING THREADS