Who will win 2013 GIRO?

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win 2013 GIRO?

  • Others

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
Aug 16, 2011
10,820
1
0
ILovecycling said:
In this photo he is so cocky and with this idiotic smile.Hate this guy.I wish Froome to smash his a*s in the mountains one day.:mad:
+1, Froome to smash wiggo :p.

airstream said:
Wiggo will own this with smile

The Wiggo smirk reminds me of this
 

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
5,122
0
0
ILovecycling said:
In this photo he is so cocky and with this idiotic smile.Hate this guy.I wish Froome to smash his a*s in the mountains one day.:mad:
It is just a pure satisfaction from well done work. :) :D Though I can imagine what Sky boys thought. Something like: ' Damn, why the hell everyone is so weak??!" Froome was able to sprint on the verge of lift-off on Peyragudes.

18. Valve (Pithy) said:
. Scarponi was probably less doped up than before, so that explains that.
I don't think so. Scarponi looked well only compared to Nibali who literally presented 2nd spot to him in the third week since Gardeccia the Shark lost to everyone in top-5 on the climbs. Scarponi shouldn't do anything extraordinary to lose to Contador 7 minutes. There is much between them surely, but not so much. Scarponi gave a great result, but did he show anything really spectacular? NO.
 

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
5,122
0
0
18-Valve. (pithy) said:
Not me. I just thought Basso, Scarponi (and Rujano :eek: ) would be a bit stronger. Scarponi was probably less doped up than before, so that explains that.
I don't think so. Scarponi just look like that compared to Nibali who was obviously prepared not very good. In fact Nibali sort of presented Maglia Rosa to Scarponi in the third week. Before Gardeccia Nibali always finished higher, but since then the Shark lost literally to anyone in top-5 in the third week.
 
Jun 26, 2012
84
0
0
Netserk said:
Too much of a coward to take meaningful time from Contador when he had the chances.
Wow, so 99.9% of the riders are cowards, according to your logic? :confused: Can you specify where he could have taken more time then if you don't mind...
 
Mar 31, 2010
18,136
2
0
18-Valve. (pithy) said:
Not me. I just thought Basso, Scarponi (and Rujano :eek: ) would be a bit stronger. Scarponi was probably less doped up than before, so that explains that.
rujano got mononucleosis, he hasn't touched bis bike from giro until recently. which is actually a good thing as he gave his disease the time to leave the body entirely, unlike many other pro's have done
 
Mar 31, 2010
18,136
2
0
Jason_Mercier said:
Maxime Monfort. But i cant see him fighting for a Top10. Conclussions: We'll only have climbers except Wiggins. And that's not good. But we'll have "offensive" guys like Nibali or Samuel. So i expect the race wont be too boring. Acquarone has the win key. If he invites Coldeportes all approachs will change.
cuando se invitará coldeportes por el tour. coldeportes llegar con el b team en giro(atapuma)

when coldeportes will also be invited to tour(pretty good chance), coldeportes will come with their b team to the giro, which means no duarte for sure.
 
Apr 1, 2009
330
0
0
Dazed and Confused said:
More talk than action these days, thats for sure. Panache is now mostly a word.
There are times now when the TV is in great danger.
Yes quite. Nibali to win on the decents is a very sad confirmation of the lack of individual tactics and nouse. Radios and riders taking orders from DS'sare to blame
 
Mar 31, 2010
18,136
2
0
theyoungest said:
Pretty good chance? No way they will be invited for the Tour, certainly not if Argos doesn't get a WT license.
it's the 100th tour and prudhomme has said it himself.
 
Mar 31, 2010
18,136
2
0
Eshnar said:
why should that imply inviting Coldeportes? :confused:
prudhomme has said in honor of the 100th tour he want to celebrate the history of the tour and invite a colombian team again.
 
Jul 5, 2010
943
0
0
Ryo Hazuki said:
prudhomme has said in honor of the 100th tour he want to celebrate the history of the tour and invite a colombian team again.
But it is far more likely he will end up celebrating French history and just invite all French teams he can find again. Like basically every year.
 
Mar 31, 2010
18,136
2
0
Dutchsmurf said:
But it is far more likely he will end up celebrating French history and just invite all French teams he can find again. Like basically every year.
so? there are 3 french pct teams, which leaves one more invitation to coldeportes. also reason why I suspected they said wether saxo gets a wt or not it won't influence their wildcard policy. to me is them basically saying they already have their wildcards fixed and nothing will change that.
 
If Saxo do not get a WT spot and do not get invited to the TDF over Sojasun (who have lost Coppel) it would be a disgrace again.

On topic i really would like for Nibali to win, he was very strong in 2010 at the Giro, he is Italian and it would help him to not be trod on in this forum (even though he is not spectacular) by some.
 
Ryo Hazuki said:
when coldeportes will also be invited to tour(pretty good chance), coldeportes will come with their b team to the giro, which means no duarte for sure.
Duarte might not have that much of a chance at next years TDF to get a stage win- the 2011 TDF would have very much suited him with stages 1,4 and 8. Next year there are not too many hills in the first week where he could get a stage- but that argument of mine completely discounts the fact he can also climb (which i know he can).

Don't forget Chaves and Atapuma.
 
Ryo Hazuki said:
so? there are 3 french pct teams, which leaves one more invitation to coldeportes. also reason why I suspected they said wether saxo gets a wt or not it won't influence their wildcard policy. to me is them basically saying they already have their wildcards fixed and nothing will change that.
coldeportes just joined the mighty mpcc. all set for escarabajos in 2013.
personally i think and hope my favourite, esteban chaves will shine next year. and in a grand tour with the heads of state
 
Mar 31, 2010
18,136
2
0
greenedge said:
Duarte might not have that much of a chance at next years TDF to get a stage win- the 2011 TDF would have very much suited him with stages 1,4 and 8. Next year there are not too many hills in the first week where he could get a stage- but that argument of mine completely discounts the fact he can also climb (which i know he can).

Don't forget Chaves and Atapuma.
they don't care for the course. the tour will always get duarte and (probably) chaves
 
ofc, they just have to bring attention to the race one way or the other. they already have wiggins and nibali which makes for 2/3's of last years tour podium so even if contador ends up not coming, they will still be fine imo.

looking at older videos of the giro and comparing with more recent ones i have noticed that ASO really seem to be investing a lot on making it bigger and better. just compare contador's podium in 08 and his podium in 2011. they online platform is also very well run with lot's of interaction with the fans.

i honestly think the giro is very slowly but surely closing the gap to the tour in terms of media attention and production.
 
Apr 10, 2011
4,818
0
0
Parrulo said:
ofc, they just have to bring attention to the race one way or the other. they already have wiggins and nibali which makes for 2/3's of last years tour podium so even if contador ends up not coming, they will still be fine imo.

looking at older videos of the giro and comparing with more recent ones i have noticed that ASO really seem to be investing a lot on making it bigger and better. just compare contador's podium in 08 and his podium in 2011. they online platform is also very well run with lot's of interaction with the fans.

i honestly think the giro is very slowly but surely closing the gap to the tour in terms of media attention and production.
I don't think so, no.

Months decide a lot. July ----->>>> May ( always )

Unless they change the date, Giro will never be as big in terms of media attention and production. Never.

Even if they did, it would be very hard to overtake Tour. You know Tour everywhere, you don't about Giro. In terms of non big cycling fans views.
 
Eshnar said:
Giro d'Italia ‏@giroditalia

"There's the possibility to ride Giro d'Italia in 2013. And it is a great possibility." - @albertocontador http://twitpic.com/bj0u9e

Is it wise for them to hype the possible presence of Contador? If he doesn't come it might be a huge letdown... :(
Didnt evans cpmllain in 09 or.something that they were using him to promote the race when he had no intention of.riding!?
 
Mar 31, 2010
18,136
2
0
Parrulo said:
ofc, they just have to bring attention to the race one way or the other. they already have wiggins and nibali which makes for 2/3's of last years tour podium so even if contador ends up not coming, they will still be fine imo.

looking at older videos of the giro and comparing with more recent ones i have noticed that ASO really seem to be investing a lot on making it bigger and better. just compare contador's podium in 08 and his podium in 2011. they online platform is also very well run with lot's of interaction with the fans.

i honestly think the giro is very slowly but surely closing the gap to the tour in terms of media attention and production.
not at all. nothing has changed in past 10 years. before that the giro was even more important thanks to pantani and cipo, that were global stars
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY