• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win 2013 GIRO?

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win 2013 GIRO?

• Others

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
yes he has said after lombardia he will want to do the giro next year

Awesome.So May 14th is the day he will step up to the group of big climbers,I hope those asses will underestimeted him:D
..It would be good if he has good guys for flat stages.Dowsett is pretty useful to protect Quintana in flat stages;),dont ya think?

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
ILovecycling said:
Awesome.So May 14th is the day he will step up to the group of big climbers,I hope those asses will underestimeted him:D
..It would be good if he has good guys for flat stages.Dowsett is pretty useful to protect Quintana in flat stages;),dont ya think?

That time has already passed.

Dazed and Confused said:
Perhaps, but he wasn't tested. If we take Wiggins from 2012 he can go very far, J-Rod responded very well against Valverde and Contador in the Vuelta 2012. What did Hejsedal respond to?

I think Hesjedal responded very well to Liquigas attempts to drop him in the mountains. They thought they'd bury him, but he outlasted them all. His response to J-Rod was canny. He was never going to match his bursts (neither did Contador at the Vuelta), but he limited his losses. Hesjedal's strength is his consistency. He didn't win any stages at the Giro, but he didn't have any big losses either.

All that being said, I don't see Hesjedal repeating. Everything went right in 2012, the right course, the right field, no crashes, strategy from other teams that played into his hands. He's a tough dude so expect top 5 and maybe a podium in 2013.

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Wiggo.

The man doesnt need to be in 100% condition to beat Nibali in the Giro, so he'll might end up winning the Giro-Tour Double. And podium the worlds.

TRENDING THREADS