• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win Amstel Gold Race?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

And the winner will be...

• Other (Ulissi, Dani Moreno, Gesink...)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dekker_Tifosi said:
**** no. If Voeckler wins in Amstel my day there is ruined with the people from pcmfocus :eek:
I'd rather have a Belgian win it even

Voeckler splitting things up is unavoidable. Hes finally coming into some form.

When he goes many will be in his wheels and hopefully they will help pull the race apart.

252-PIC272190907.jpg

Weather will be good, atleast seems like it.

So a bunchsprint up the cauberg is more likely. Valverde never performed in AGR as far as I can remember so I dont expect him. Gilbert is a safe bet, but it will probably be someone else. Kwiat for instance, but somehow I still expect someone else. No clue who will win.

Kwibus said:

So a bunchsprint up the cauberg is more likely. Valverde never performed in AGR as far as I can remember so I dont expect him. Gilbert is a safe bet, but it will probably be someone else. Kwiat for instance, but somehow I still expect someone else. No clue who will win.

While his overall results at AGR are weak compared to at FW or LBL, he was 3rd in 2008 and 2nd last year. Although perhaps his form may be running out if the TT at País Vasco drops any hints, I'm sure he'll at least try to show, given the more aggressive way he's been riding this year.

Kwibus said:

Valverde was second last year, third in 2008 and iirc 6th in 2007. He has performed here. :) Kwia on the other hand, never.

Dazed and Confused said:
Multi talented, this boy. Will it be enough to win? Not sure, but I'm confident he will keep trying over the next two weeks.

Indeed the talent is there. He might even be lucky enough not to be over marked and watched by the other contenders. If he's able to go away, say, by the end of the climb, where it's less steep, before the false-flat, it will be very difficult to get to him, especially if no one organises the chase.

BigMac said:
Indeed the talent is there. He might even be lucky enough not to be over marked and watched by the other contenders. If he's able to go away, say, by the end of the climb, where it's less steep, before the false-flat, it will be very difficult to get to him, especially if no one organises the chase.

The Steppers can launch him on Cauberg

111.KWIATKOWSKI Michal
112.BAKELANTS Jan
113.GOLAS Michal
114.MARTIN Tony
115.POELS Wout
116.SERRY Pieter
117.STYBAR Zdenek
118.MEERSMAN Gianni

or they can play a guy up the road with 20km to go.

Dazed and Confused said:

111.KWIATKOWSKI Michal
112.BAKELANTS Jan
113.GOLAS Michal
114.MARTIN Tony
115.POELS Wout
116.SERRY Pieter
117.STYBAR Zdenek
118.MEERSMAN Gianni

Yep. Through the combo Poels - Bakelants

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Zinoviev Letter said:
Really? Not one person voting for Betancur or Martin? Are they injured or something?

Betancur yes. sick i believe. Martin's season hasn't been great so far. And with no finish uphill he will struggle to win. Valverde is much better pick, or Kwiatek.

Dazed and Confused said:

111.KWIATKOWSKI Michal
112.BAKELANTS Jan
113.GOLAS Michal
114.MARTIN Tony
115.POELS Wout
116.SERRY Pieter
117.STYBAR Zdenek
118.MEERSMAN Gianni

Im pretty sure they can tow the entire team over the last Cauberg doing a TTT to the finish line.

TRENDING THREADS