• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win Ronde van Vlaanderen 2024?

Who will win Ronde van Vlaanderen 2024?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm going out on a limb here, voted MVDP... Not only as he's the obvious favorite but as another forum member pointed out, it's an even year so it's basically written in the stars.
Our only hope is that I believe Mads Pedersen did put MVDP under pressure on the Kemmelburg, but was it a one off?

In last year RVV, would MDVP have been 2nd if not for the Pogacar train? Mads Pedersen was on the move back then. But like WVA, while not a beast, he has perhaps now lost some of his underdog persona.
Wasn’t Pedersen in a move quite a ways ahead and was getting reeled back quick by both of them at that point? Van der Poel would’ve dropped him before the finish even if they came off Kwaremont together I’d think.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Wasn’t Pedersen in a move quite a ways ahead and was getting reeled back quick by both of them at that point? Van der Poel would’ve dropped him before the finish even if they came off Kwaremont together I’d think.
That's what I recall. But from the moment WVA dropped, Pogacar was the only one pushing. Anyway, it should give some awareness that Mads is not your average break away guy.

I put other but Mads P. seems to be in great form and is due a big win in one of these races (MSR, Ronde and PR). It could very well be this time. Especially, when his team also seems to be in great form and they have guys to help him.

Question is if they did it one race too early though. The others been warned, because Mads on his own is not able to break MVDP (like Pogacar) or WVA either I think.

That's what I recall. But from the moment WVA dropped, Pogacar was the only one pushing. Anyway, it should give some awareness that Mads is not your average break away guy.
He needed to ride different because of pogi, he knew he would never follow him. In the end he was the rider doing by far the most work that day. He has a 2 place from a break also, but don't think he will be let go, especially with no pogi train here.