• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win the 2013 tour?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win the Tour this year?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Toss Up

Agree with Jens: toss up between AC and CF. The Corsican stages could see a second tier guy take a big lead early on and hang on to podium. More relevant to the overall win, some freak stuff may happen stages 10 and 11, with the wind and chances of bordures. A favorite could lose a couple of minutes very easily and never make them up.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Roderick said:
Quintana missing is a mistake, but Valverde will never ever ever win the TdF. Porte is only the third in row at sky and Pinot is still too green behind his ears to battle for the victory

Valverde and Pinot are still more likely to win than VDB:D,but like u said in another post,they shouldnt be in this poll.
Porte is 2nd in row.;)

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
hfer07 said:
In a way-yes-I quite find strange that Movistar is keeping him off competition prior to the Tour-Unless Unzue ONLY envisions Nairo for Stage wins while backing Valverde-but that's stupid, considering how inconsistent is Alejandro riding the Tour-he's simply not of the TDF winners breed....

I have faith Nairo will go for he Alpe d'Huez stage win- no mater what:)

As far as the poll- I still believe C.O.N.T.A.D.O.R. will win it

Nah, Alpe d'Huez is for Schleck, Quintana will go on a legendary ride on Mt. Ventoux though, crushing all recorded records along the way! :eek: :D

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Jason_Mercier said:
If Movistar would have sent Quintana to Dauphiné/Suisse the guy could have fight the podium.

If he's arriving in France without competition is because his stupid team dont want him doing something in July... they prefer save him for the Vuelta.

"Unzué quiere que tome el ritmo a la carrera en la primera semana."

Traduction:
He doesnt care if the colombian lose 30' in the first week.

Really stupid.
Thats just your speculation,not a fact.
Quintana has a chance if he won't crash in first week and if he won't get dropped in a TTT - which is highly unlikely.At Ax3 he should be fine with 7 race days in his legs.Nothing to worry about.

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Roderick said:
Obvious Contador is obvious?

I really don't understand all the votes for The Dawg

I mean c'mon, compare the two. The best stageracer of this generation by a country mile who has won 7 GT's the last 6 years versus a skinny Kenyan.

Times change..

Froome is the new challenger and he has shown all the signs that he will capable of challenging Contador effectively.. possibly even successfully.

Meanwhile we are not sure Contador is back to his pre doping ban best, not a great year.. who knows. Most likely he is imo, but then who knows?

I guess that justifies Contador just leading the poll atm..

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Froome19 said:
Times change..

Froome is the new challenger and he has shown all the signs that he will capable of challenging Contador effectively.. possibly even successfully.

Meanwhile we are not sure Contador is back to his pre doping ban best, not a great year.. who knows. Most likely he is imo, but then who knows?

Сalm down. Young Contador fans don't admit challengers. Debates are helpless :)

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Froome19 said:
Times change..

"If my legs are good i don't fear Froome"

That's why he's leading the polls :cool: :p

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
The reason why Froome has less votes is extremely prosaic. Majority doesn't want him to win. Many people don't want the great Contador's GT winning ser to interrupt, because with end of this streak they will have to say goodbye to a significant part of impressions why they started following the sport.

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
airstream said:
The reason why Froome has less votes is extremely prosaic. Majority doesn't want him to win. Many people don't want the great Contador's GT winning ser to interrupt, because with end of this streak they will have to say goodbye to a significant part of impressions why they started following the sport.

Or maybe more people just think that Contador will win, no matter if they are his fan or not. People have the right to have their own opinion, even if you think they are fools.

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
airstream said:

You are wrong in so many ways, it's almost impossible

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Escarabajo said:
In the betting odds they have Nairo 4/5/6.

A lot higher that some in the poll.

But who cares this is the #1 cycling forum people know about cycling here more than anywhere else.

Dont worry.You will be happy in july,Quintana will fly with the best (2or3 imo) climbers across pyrenees and alpes :)

ILovecycling said:
Dont worry.You will be happy in july,Quintana will fly with the best (2or3 imo) climbers across pyrenees and alpes :)
I hate to hype riders that I like because I am a little superstitious and I don't want them to fail like it has happened to me in the past. But I really hate the fanboyism of some people in here. Reminds me the times of the Texan sometimes.

Cadel is going to be 50 one day and people will still be voting for him. Andy Schleck one year won't be able to climb a bridge and people will still vote for him. While we are at it, we are going to have to deal with Wiggins and Froome for the next 10 years. Where were these last two 5 years ago when Uran was dusting them in the climbs?

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Escarabajo said:
In the betting odds they have Nairo 4/5/6.

A lot higher that some in the poll.

But who cares this is the #1 cycling forum people know about cycling here more than anywhere else.

The % numbers in the poll shouldn't be interpreted as odds.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
airstream said:

Actually I think alot of the newbies in this forum only started following cos of Wiggins.

Anyways, while being a Contador fan I started following cycling about 20 years ago, so it was hardly cos of Contador.

I have no problems with fanboyism in general, I just get annoyed if its restricted to one rider only, riders of only one nationality or riders of only one team.

I would enjoy it just as much if say Quintana won as if Contador won. And this is a weird thing: After all the Schleck debacle and depite not being a Schleck fan I would really find it awesome if he surprised everyone and won (not gonna happen, and ppl know that, and thats why I would fancy it ;) ) I would also love a Frenchie to win it, just cos its been forever since a home-boy won it.

EDIT: Btw despite voting "others" I got a good vibe about TJ tbh. I think he will surprise.