• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win the 2015 Road World Championship?

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which team will come away with the victory?

• Vino (Other)

Votes: 12 9.4%
  • Spain

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • France

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Australia

Votes: 13 10.2%
  • Norway

Votes: 16 12.5%
  • Sagan

Votes: 22 17.2%
  • Czech Rep

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Italy

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • Belgium

Votes: 28 21.9%
  • Germany

Votes: 14 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Re:

SKSemtex said:
Martin said:
Voted for Sagan, because scattered T-storms are predicted for tommorow in Richmond. Only gyus hungry for win and ready to race under any conditions will make it to the finish.

Good one. Letś hope no more Cioleks will be up there. :)
well everyone has his own tactics. wheelsucking is a part of it, and peter will have to benefit from the work of others 15/16 of the race either. slovak team is terribly weak, i am afraid if he punctures he will have to get back to bunch on his own:(

This course definitively favours bigger teams. The teams that will have their men in every move or be able to pull at the front.
As far as strong individuals are concerned, they'll have to pick their moves carefully, or else they'll burn themselves.

GVA and Stybar have both moved significally up on the betting pages and Kristoff + Degenkolb a little down.

Still hard to say who is gonna take it. The less risk-taking the race is, the more it plays into the hands of Kristoff or Degenkolb.

Re:

Jagartrott said:
After seeing a few races now on this parcours, I'm inclined to say Gilbert actually has a shot - the group arriving at the foot of the first hill is not too big (i.e. many teammates of the big guns have been shed).

But the difference in quality between the domestiques and the main leaders in men's racing is much much smaller than in U23 or women's racing. Men's racing tends to be a lot more controlled

Avoiding the reduced sprint will require plenty of rain and attacks.

Even the climbs are better for the hardy sprinters than they are for those who likes hills and mountains.

I'm pretty sure someone like Degenkolb would do better on 23rd street or Libby Hill than a climber. It's not even an question.

Re:

Velolover2 said:

Even the climbs are better for the hardy sprinters than they are for those who likes hills and mountains.

I'm pretty sure someone like Degenkolb would do better on 23rd street or Libby Hill than a climber. It's not even an question.

I tend to agree. I think it will take something special for it not to be a reduced sprint. Plenty of good sprinters here with decent teams who shouldn't have any trouble over the distance and hills. I wouldn't even rule out someone like Bouhanni, although he'll have to avoid crashing of course, which might prove difficult for him.

Best win with balls scenario as others look at each other could be a late attack on Governor Street and TT stay away from Dutch sprint supremo Niki Terpstra ;) I could have said Stybar but that would be too obvious.

Re: Re:

Orbit501 said:
Velolover2 said:

I tend to agree. I think it will take something special for it not to be a reduced sprint. Plenty of good sprinters here with decent teams who shouldn't have any trouble over the distance and hills. I wouldn't even rule out someone like Bouhanni, although he'll have to avoid crashing of course, which might prove difficult for him.

Best win with balls scenario as others look at each other could be a late attack on Governor Street and TT stay away from Dutch sprint supremo Niki Terpstra ;) I could have said Stybar but that would be too obvious.

A real ballsy attack would be on Governor Street BUT with 3 or 4 laps to go and ride it like a longer time trial. Dumoulin if in shape, Nibali, even Valverde.

Bouhanni has a good chance. He can get well over tiny bumps like these in the Worlds. Although, it would be kinda anti-climatic if he takes the victory. There is something douchey about him I can't stand.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Attack maybe from 3-4 laps to go, but only in good company (strong group). Rider alone can't do nothing. Big favorites will wait last or penultimate lap. Some TT-ists or strong outsiders will try from far out, but I can't see that succeeding. The way I see it will be one strong rider solo (Terpstra, Stybar, GVA), or small group sprinting for the win

Yeah, Belgium should try to do a Stepper-move and attack with 3 or 4 riders at the same time from far out. Boonen, Vanmacke and Vandenbergh would make a really strong trio.

It would really split things up. They can keep GVA, Gilbert and even Keisse in the peloton in case it comes down to the final lap.

TRENDING THREADS