• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win the 2015 tour de france?

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

well?

• Someone else

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
BigMac said:
Wouldn't be surprised if Nairo Quintana is sent to do the Giro again. It's just a matter of Valverde fancying the [Tour's] route or not, which I believe he does. It will be Valverde's last shot at the Tour.

Nah, with a route like this and with the Vuelta for Valverde, Movistar are going to be 100% behind Quintana. And quite rightly so.

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Miburo said:
When did he destroy the field? Purito was always with him

I checked it and your right. In my memory the gaps between these two were bigger.:)

However its still true that Quintana reached a comfortable second place in a Tour with more a less as hard mountain stages as 2015. And for sure he lost some time according to team tactics in the Ax 3 Domaines stage.

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
staubsauger said:
Valverde hasn't got the quality to win a tour at all! He showed it multiple times.

Yeah, I'm a big Valverde fan, but have to admit he just never really had a chance to win the TdF. Vuelta is his stage racing pinnacle, and even then, I have doubts he'll get there again.

He should support Quintana at the tour, foster some goodwill, and get everyone to bury themselves for him to give him one last shot at another Vuelta.