• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win the 2015 tour de france?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

well?

• Someone else

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Who knows.... :)
Voted AC. Quintana could have a genuine shot at winning if Froome decides to do the Giro. I still think though that Froome will ride the Tour. Just a hunch....he has spoken about wanting to win many Tours. Has he already given up on that?....I also expect the young frenchies to do well on these parcours - I don't think any of them will win though.

Horner is 3rd favorite in the poll? Seriously he will be nearly 44 by then :confused::confused::confused: Maybe a few just voting for him as a stir? It seems people still forget how old he is - surely the edge of the cliff can't be far away now.

I voted for Quintana more in hope but somehow I think Contador is more likely. Also I wouldn't mind seeing Nibali make it a contest after we were denied seeing a proper fight at this years Tour. These 3 are the podium favorites.

Although the course would seem to suit him JRod is past his prime I feel.

Aru may be the dark horse.

Cookster15 said:
Horner is 3rd favorite in the poll? Seriously he will be nearly 44 by then :confused::confused: Maybe a few just voting for him as a stir? It seems people still forget how old he is - surely the edge of the cliff can't be far away now.

I voted for Quintana more in hope but somehow I think Contador is more likely. Also I wouldn't mind seeing Nibali make it a contest after we were denied seeing a proper fight at this years Tour. These 3 are the podium favorites.

Although the course would seem to suit him JRod is past his prime I feel.

Aru may be the dark horse.

Yes, I'm pretty sure most are just being funny by voting for Horner. :) One person voted for Bentacur as well. :)

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
DFA123 said:
I don't agree that this is a good route for Quintana. The lack of time trial will help him (although he's not that bad at TT anyway). But I don't see many big mountain stages where he can attack from long and gain minutes on the field.

There are, however, a lot of steep finishes and mountain stages with just one or two climbs, where he could lose time to more explosive riders. With time bonuses on offer that could spell trouble.
Finally someone with a brain;)
Jspear said:
Yes, I'm pretty sure most are just being funny by voting for Horner. :) One person voted for Bentacur as well. :)

I think he meant it seriously,its a very good route for bananito:):cool

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Taxus4a said:
Quintana, Horner could be podium.

LOL, first please tell me for which team he is riding. Second, even if he gets into a team, most likely he will be pushed to ride Giro Vuelta since he would not be first choice team leader.

BeagRigh said:
Betancur. Calling it now....

l.Harm said:
Joaquim Rodriguez
Good picks- exactly what i was going to say :)
Aru I think could go well on a course like this as well.

If i was TJVG, JVDB, Uran and Kwiatowski (who may not focus on GT's anyways) I would definetely ride the Giro as it would suit them more. Uran and Kwiatowski could of course do well on the punchy climbs here too, but still.

greenedge said:
Good picks- exactly what i was going to say :)
Aru I think could go well on a course like this as well.

If i was TJVG, JVDB, Uran and Kwiatowski (who may not focus on GT's anyways) I would definetely ride the Giro as it would suit them more. Uran and Kwiatowski could of course do well on the punchy climbs here too, but still.

If I were Kwiatkowski, my focus would not be on Grand Tours. Classic, WCRR and the odd week-long stage race.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
hegemon said:
Never undestimate Valverde's ability to podium. I now pick him as a podium contender for races he is not even entered in.

this year in the tour he wasn't even on the podium before the ITT started with that **** field...

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
Tonton said:
Part 1, +1
Part 2, at least on the paper. Remember the beginning of the Vuelta? Piti is going to double cross Quintana...

Agreed and with bonus seconds between stages 2-8, he could win a stage and be in Yellow. Stage 3 and 8 suit Valverde. Then the media will start to talk about 1A and 1b. I think this is stressful for Quintana, even if he doesnt admit it to the public. Ill be surprised to see Valverde turn himself inside out at the tour for Quintana.

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Tonton said:
Part 1, +1
Part 2, at least on the paper. Remember the beginning of the Vuelta? Piti is going to double cross Quintana...

I remember it. Valverde did absolutely nothing to double cross Quintana.

TRENDING THREADS