• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win the Olympic ITT?

Page 27 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Was quite funny when after lulu went past people started to pack the road. Makes perfect sense. If wiggins is 2nd last then the person who comes after him after 40k must be the last one.

The handful who knew this canc fellow wouldn't be in an "espana" kit alerted the organizers.

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Well, hoped Phinney could have pulled 3rd place here, but overall it was a good showing.

Odd how similar this result was to last year's Vuelta ITT.

Cance was hurt, but otherwise I think the top 5 would have been identical.

1. Martin
2. Froome
3. Wiggins
4. Spartacus
5. Phinney

1. Wiggins
2. Martin
3. Froome
4. Phinney
5. Pinnotti

Is there enough evidence now that Phinney is reaching that elite ITT group?

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
kurtinsc said:
Is there enough evidence now that Phinney is reaching that elite ITT group?

Phinney did a great ride but in answer to your question, IMO, no. There's a big gulf from the top three today to Phinney, and he only just pipped Pinotti, & Rogers.

Two fourth places at the Olympics is nothing to be sniffed at of course.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
No way Boonen wins it. Even if he managed to equal Wiggins' palmares, he's not as commercially viable. No market expansion to be done in Belgium.

edit: of course, other things could happen to Wiggins.

It was a joke. :p

I voted for Wiggo in my thread Velo d'Or thread even before the Olympic medal.

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
will10 said:
Phinney did a great ride but in answer to your question, IMO, no. There's a big gulf from the top three today to Phinney, and he only just pipped Pinotti, & Rogers.

Two fourth places at the Olympics is nothing to be sniffed at of course.

Well, I did say "is reaching" rather then "has reached".

He's not at the level of the very top... but he seems to be moving in the right direction.

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
gooner said:
Wiggins has had one unbelievable year. He has'nt put one foot wrong all year. Whatever you think of him, you have to say he deserves massive praise for the publicity he has given this sport of ours in Britain.

Bet he has a Lennon type quip for Madge

Reg Harris will have to redo his book cover -The greatest ever British cyclist, lol.

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Revenge from Team GB for Germany ganging up on Cav in the road race. Although ironically I appreciate Mr Martin was the one german who actually seemed willing to work for the sprint.

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Just watched the medal ceremony and Wiggo didn't even look at Froome, he even turned to Martin to get him to step up the podium for the photos.
Maybe I'm reading too much into a nothing situation?

iZnoGouD

BANNED
Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Holtend said:
Just watched the medal ceremony and Wiggo didn't even look at Froome, he even turned to Martin to get him to step up the podium for the photos.
Maybe I'm reading too much into a nothing situation?

"wtf u think you are doing? if you keep performing like this people will realize that we're dopers!"

TRENDING THREADS