• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Who will win the Tour de France 2022?

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win the Tour de France?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Head says Pogacar but heart says Roglic. I also hope Roglic puts Vingegaard back in his place. Vingegaard made a very premature and disrespectful claim at the Dauphine.

Jonas has benefitted greatly by Roglic's injury situation. Of course Jonas is a great talent but don't see him as stronger than a fully fit and prepared Roglic let alone Tadej Pogacar who is still younger than him and logically would be stronger in 2022 than we have seen previously.

The wildcard is covid wrecking the party. I hope for the best.

His words could have been team tactics to confuse Pogacar. He is a modest guy and i don't think Primoz had anything against his good colleague's words. Btw I don't think we have seen the best Vingegaard yet. I feel he can reach a scary level in the mountains.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I agree on this point, Mas is still only 27. But Mas has suffered by being anointed by Contador as the next big thing from Spain. He is very good but not aggressive and tends to rise up GC in the 3rd week as others falter. But the TdF has way more pressure than the Vuelta. Mas finished 5th in 2020 and 6th in 2021 with Roglic absent. Roglic should be comfortably ahead. I am also thinking old Geraint Thomas is looking the strongest he has since 2018. He too would be a good chance of finishing ahead of Mas.

A key question is who will avoid crashes/covid/jour sans. I'd bet on Mas over Thomas and maybe even Vlasov in that department. Mas has a talent for hanging around, as you note. I'd put him on equal footing with anyone for 3rd, and if Rog/Pog falters, maybe even 2nd...