• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win the Vuelta a España 2017?

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win the Vuelta?

• Chris Froome

Votes: 51 42.9%
  • Vincenzo Nibali

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • Alberto Contador

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • Esteban Chaves

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • Fabio Aru

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Illnur Zakarin

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Miguel Angel Lopez

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • One of the Yates bros

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Ofc. an outsider, it's an odd year

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • Vino

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
Re:

tobydawq said:
Sure it takes determination and spirit, but courage? Why? Courage involves risk-taking, and that is definitely not what they are doing.
I think that's just semantics. There are different meanings to courage - one of which is synonymous with determination and spirit. Gutsy I think is a better description for this kind of rider though.

I would say that Majka with Kwiato "psycho approach" would help him to challenge GC and would be one of the main contenders to be at Vuelta podium.
At present - he is uncertain of his shape - maybe tomorrow stage helps him..

If the Yeats brothers underperform, the white jersey competition should be interesting. This is GT with more talented young racers and some have prepared specifically for it. I'm thinking about M.A. Lopéz, Marc Soler, Jack Haig, Sam Oolmen, Enric Mas... I can see them all ending up in 1st in the future.

Chaves

He is in great shape, has good race rhythm and is a lot less plagued by fatigue than everyone else. He's followed almost an identical race schedule to Froome (minus Romandie and Catalunya, but with the TDU) just without the efforts of Froome. ITT will be an issue though

Re:

Brullnux said:
Chaves

He is in great shape, has good race rhythm and is a lot less plagued by fatigue than everyone else. He's followed almost an identical race schedule to Froome (minus Romandie and Catalunya, but with the TDU) just without the efforts of Froome. ITT will be an issue though
Yeah, Chaves looks great at the moment. I guess it's just a question of whether his lack of base this season could catch up with him later in the race.

Was an very revealing stage today, with Contador, my tip Majka, Jungels, Alaphilippe, Soler, Dennis all clearly without the legs to do anything dangerous in the GC. And others like Lopez, Kruijswijk and Kelderman not looking great at all.

It's superb to have such a big GC shake up so early in the race. Really frees up a lot of teams and riders to stage hunt.

TRENDING THREADS